Gareth Southgate

No, I'm with you. Win record is irrelevant, it's tournament records that are.

We have to go foreign and it has to be someone who has won things. In a position with such huge pressure you need someone who can point to their CV and say "trust me I have won before, I know what it takes" and I'm talking the big prizes.

Then we have to fuck off Kane either full stop or at least as captain. That dribbling waste of space hasn't won anything, why we want a loser to lead a team that's lost for decades is ridiculous. He's scored so many goals and important ones, but it's just the wrong message to send out in my opinion. You want the press conference to have a strong message of "we're going to work hard, play our best football and perform under the pressure and try to win the game" not two muppets talking about how it's not fate but they've always dreamt that they might win something one day. That was pathetic.

Jamie Carragher might not talk much sense but he said two related things the other day that are spot on.

Times have changed since the pinnacle of a manager’s career would be being offered the international job. The top managers these days want to be in the Champions League not the World Cup

Also that whilst everybody is now pointing to Southgate’s lack of a CV prior to the England job. They are simultaneously bigging up a Spain team, whose manager no fucker outside of Bilbao had even heard of six weeks ago.

I might be singing off a bloody old hymn sheet, but I thought it was illegal to approach any manager, without the club's permission? If so charge I hope Newcastle charge the bastards at the FA.

Also that whilst everybody is now pointing to Southgate’s lack of a CV prior to the England job. They are simultaneously bigging up a Spain team, whose manager no fucker outside of Bilbao had even heard of six weeks ago.
While he wouldn't have been well known internationally, he would have been well known to the Spanish FA as he'd won international tournaments with the Spanish national team at under 19 and under 21 level.

Both he and Southgate managed their respective national sides at the same under 19 European Championships. Spain won the tournament while England failed to qualify for the finals.

Last edited:
I might be singing off a bloody old hymn sheet, but I thought it was illegal to approach any manager, without the club's permission? If so charge I hope Newcastle charge the bastards at the FA.
No, they just let the media tap them up on their behalf. Its how utd, Bayern, Barca, RM have operated for years with their client media coverage

1*Mc421bFkhzOp9gfFKtuRsg.png
Personally I would recommend a management team formed of 2 managers Howe AND Potter.
Howie - Potter could be magic.....

I suspect Lee parsley will get job. English, established u21 coach, no baggage. Copying g what they did with Southgate

Did play for Ireland tho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.