Gareth Taylor - new manager of women’s team / Jill Scott

I am a little disappointed that City have chosen not to appoint a ready made, experienced, successful manager this time. History suggests that ex players are not necessarily able to provide immediate success in either the men’s or women’s game and success next year is a must if The women’s fan base is to increase.
I have no direct knowledge of Taylor’s past experience but a 3 year contract appears, to me, to be extravagant. I, sincerely, hope that I am wrong but time will tell.

I have no direct knowledge of Taylor’s past experience
Me neither but I'd have looked it up before saying I was dissapointed City haven't appointed an experienced coach.So I checked.

In September 2011, Taylor was appointed as a coach at former club Manchester City, and was given the task of developing young talent in Dubai.[36] He became the under-16 coach at the City of Manchester Stadium in 2012.

They'll definately know enough about him and his qualaties.

Was hoping we’d appoint a woman - but I guess there’s not too many out there. Looking at his cv it’s fair to say Gareth has earned the opportunity. I hope he does well, although I’m guessing he’s only keeping the seat warm until the tactical genius leaves the England job ; )

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.