Gareth Taylor - new manager of women’s team / Jill Scott

Good shout re Steph,although I suspect Jill Scott might be a good option also

Both are good potential options and they would need to earn the opportunity like Gareth has. Maybe, one of them could be an assistant first and / or develop their coaching with younger age groups.

I hope Gareth is a big success. He's likely to perform better than his Bluedoom reception. I suggest the people doubting him should get down to the Minihad to cheer on our team, when football returns as a live spectator sport

I think this is a bit of a strange one and may be comparable to the England national team appointing chuckle #2. Neither he nor Gareth have had anything to do with the women's game previously and I just hope Gareth does a better job of crossing over. Personally I would have prefered a bigger name to come in as I think City Women's team might need a bit of a makeover and might need someone more familiar to attract a couple of star names to compete with Chelsea and Arsenal who have improved immeasurably over the last year.

Good luck to him though and I hope he proves me wrong.

Probably already been mentioned but Gareth holds an important place in our history. As the scorer of the winning goal against Stoke in 98, the game that turned our season, he’s a bit of a City legend.

Christmas, losing at half time and the boys came back out and turned it around. I’ll never forget the atmosphere in the second half. 30,000+ plus but a proper noise! Really felt important at the time and how right we were!

City want the whole club to play in certain way. Possession based high pressing football. Thats why they don't appoint anyone from outside really.

Taylor knows City's philosophy inside out and is willing to play that way.

Barca do this often too, promote from within for the exact same reason.
Isn't this exactly what the club did with Cushing too? I'd have thought people would be more on board with something that's worked previously. At least at this stage anyway.

Both are good potential options and they would need to earn the opportunity like Gareth has. Maybe, one of them could be an assistant first and / or develop their coaching with younger age groups.

I hope Gareth is a big success. He's likely to perform better than his Bluedoom reception. I suggest the people doubting him should get down to the Minihad to cheer on our team, when football returns as a live spectator sport

I would love to be proved wrong in the flesh watching his team.

Probably already been mentioned but Gareth holds an important place in our history. As the scorer of the winning goal against Stoke in 98, the game that turned our season, he’s a bit of a City legend.

Christmas, losing at half time and the boys came back out and turned it around. I’ll never forget the atmosphere in the second half. 30,000+ plus but a proper noise! Really felt important at the time and how right we were!
I remember the Stoke game and subsequent run we went on. Gareth also flicked on Wiekens long punt v Gillingham at Wembley which led to Dickov's goal. He certainly wasn't our best player but was also far from the worst. He's been in the academy a few years so must have something about him coaching wise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.