Garry Cook interview in The Athletic

I think for where we were at the time Cook was very good. He was impassioned and fought hard to push City to the next level. And he did that well.

It's just that he wasn't the guy to take us to the level after that. We were fortunate in a way for his final act of stupidity because it let us bring in Soriano and Begiristain who really could take us to the very top, and set the groundwork for Pep.

Behind a paywall sadly, but Daniel Taylor’s interview with Cook is a great read for anyone who’s got a subscription.

What a great managerial signing Mancini was. I felt he really got was it is to be a City fan. Mancini did have some faults, the tea lady thing for one really wasn't great but on the whole, what Mancini did for this club and to the reds was way above anything they across the road expected. The sick swan, the semi final defeat in the FA Cup, the standing up to Fergie pitchside (who dared to do that previously?) and to top it all the 93:20 scenario "never in my lifetime" rammed down his/their throat, was a precursor to the Guardiola years. Dare I mention, for us ladies, so easy on the eye;) So, for this signing alone, I thank Cook tremendously.

Just out of interest. For those of you who do it, is it really worth while taking out a subscription to The Athletic? I contribute some money monthly to the BM podcast, to help keep it going (a modest sum, let's not exaggerate) and frankly, I feel that's just about my lot. I take it that it covers others sports besides football?

Edit: Christ, just seen that they've got a special offer on at present at $2 a month. That really is nothing! O.k., changes the question a bit — is it a good standard of journalism, and do you actually take the time to read it?

Just out of interest. For those of you who do it, is it really worth while taking out a subscription to The Athletic? I contribute some money monthly to the BM podcast, to help keep it going (a modest sum, let's not exaggerate) and frankly, I feel that's just about my lot. I take it that it covers others sports besides football?

Edit: Christ, just seen that they've got a special offer on at present at $2 a month. That really is nothing! O.k., changes the question a bit — is it a good standard of journalism, and do you actually take the time to read it?
I paid a year in advance, it's up and down but they hoovering up the journalists. There are some really superb articles in there - they'd probably be found elsewhere in different circumstances, but I think it's worth it

I paid a year in advance, it's up and down but they hoovering up the journalists. There are some really superb articles in there - they'd probably be found elsewhere in different circumstances, but I think it's worth it

Cheers, mate. Taking a closer look at it brings another question to mind: do they devote a large proportion to U.S. sports, and North American sports generally? Because I can't say I have any real interest in any of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.