Garry Cook resigns (merged)

Re: Garry Cook resigns

rickmcfc said:
BillyMC said:
Cook made far too many gaffs to be a sensible chairman. I want a chairman that we never hear about in the press, who is professional, who is unseen because he's busy running the club. In a week when City are joint top of the league and about to play CL football for the first time and all we read and hear about is Mr Cook and his gross stupidity. His idiocy and miscalculations have done nothing but draw attention away from what we are achieving on the pitch. Its no use blaming the gutter press and Kia whatever his fucking name is ....Cook gave them opportunity after opportunity to hammer him. Paying someone the kind of money he was paid i would expect them to quickly learn from their mistakes...in fact I wouldnt expect such basic mistakes from the off.

*Garry Cook wasn't, never has been our Chairman

Whatever

Exeter Blue I am here said:
CityForever45 said:
I don't understand all the hate against Onuhoa, the Sun ecc. Cook put himself in this situation; he's the only one to blame.

Rubbish. Onuoha could have privately written to the club at the time and demanded a proper investigation. Instead though, she waited 11 months and then when Cook quite rightly (and acting in the best interests of Manchester City) refused to agree to her son's demand that we pay his wages whilst he swanned off to Everton on loan, she takes her 'story' to the newpapers. Sounds like spiteful woman territory to me. Cook's error was in inventing a mystery 'hacker' to cover his embarrassment at having inadvertently hit 'reply' instead of 'forward' on his email account.....a simple mistake that I'm certain everyone's made. It's ridiculous that he has to pay for it with his job. Onuoha should never ever ever play football for this club again.
well said!

On 29 July 2009, Onuoha agreed to a new five-year deal with Manchester City.

Why any re-negotiating is going on I don't know.

Ned's contract up at the end of the year? Would love nothing more than to ruin his career by sticking him in the reserves for years and years.

I've said before, no matter how good or bad he was at his job (and I think he was good enough, although came out with some dick head stuff at times) there are dozens if not hundreds of people with more experience and success of being a sports club CEO than Cook has.

The thing is we employed Marwood who had fuck all experience or success in the job he now does. Who the fuck employed him I have no idea and it worries me if we'll do the same thing with the CEO. I just hope we sign one of these proper CEO's to replace Cook and not go for someone who's had fuck all to do with the job he will be doing.

Re: Big battle for power on the horizon now

First thing I thought when I read the news is that Mancini will be delighted (if reports are to be believed of course).

Going to be very interesting to see how things pan out, as long as it doesnt take anything away from what is happening on the pitch of course (and I dont see any reason why it should).

carlosthejackal said:
Unfortunatley he sent the e mail, if he hadnt then he would still be here, end of.

He could have still sent the email, and still been here today, if only he'd have checked who was cc'd in and removed them, (if thats what happened) then it's his fault!

Email basics really, and not somethng that should have brought down the CEO of any company.

Dave S said:
Sigh said:
240pplatini.jpg

I'd like to offer this man the job, and he can name his own salary...his brain would explode.
My fukcing brain would explode as well if they gave it to this twat.

At last we may get a true footballing man as ceo

TonyGrealishstache said:
carlosthejackal said:
Unfortunatley he sent the e mail, if he hadnt then he would still be here, end of.

He could have still sent the email, and still been here today, if only he'd have checked who was cc'd in and removed them, (if thats what happened) then it's his fault!

Email basics really, and not somethng that should have brought down the CEO of any company.

Was it the fact he sent the email or was it the content..I guess we will never know

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.