Garth Crooks' Team of the Week

"there was precious little difference between the teams and for my money a draw would have been a very fair result."

Say no more, he can only have watched the MOTD highlights...

But he was...... a professional footballer who stood his ground,on the pitch. In the face of disgusting abuse ,off it.
That he is getting abuse now is absolutely nothing to do with ethnicity. It is just because the column he writes (or puts his name to) is absolute tosh.

Many times, like the latest offering, it is also bordering on being libelous.

Got a lot of time for Garth Crooks.
As a player. In the 70s...
At Stoke city.....and spuds ...a very violent background for a young Black Footballer to earn his wages.
When I press play..on the old you tube vids ,it's because of players like Garth..I instantly hear the vitrtriol,from the crowd.

From my memory.Garth Crooks kept his head down.and played the game.never reacted to any of the monkey jibes etc...........that takes balls.

And...he was a fine player in his day ,dove tailing neatly up front with Steve Archibald at spurs and before that ..Brendan O Callaghan( i may be wrong) I think at Stoke..he scored goals.not goal a game stuff,but steady,....and he put so much work into his game ..a little like Paul Dickov f if you like...

Bu..as a presenter/pundit for the bbc...... been getting worse over the years...
....Garth was a clever player ,not robust but knew the angles and moves to confuse the Big hard Centre backs in his day..Steve Archibald definitely benefited from his off the ball work.
He is a Clever person. Who has chosen to jump into bed with the BBC
And,for money...Will say ,whatever he is told to say.
That's about it really.

But he was...... a professional footballer who stood his ground,on the pitch
In the face of disgusting abuse ,off it.

You can always tell nutcases from their bizarre use of grammar and punctuation.

Fancy sharing any more anti-vax conspiracy theories while you’re at it?

Got a lot of time for Garth Crooks.
As a player. In the 70s...
At Stoke city.....and spuds ...a very violent background for a young Black Footballer to earn his wages.
When I press play..on the old you tube vids ,it's because of players like Garth..I instantly hear the vitrtriol,from the crowd.

From my memory.Garth Crooks kept his head down.and played the game.never reacted to any of the monkey jibes etc...........that takes balls.

And...he was a fine player in his day ,dove tailing neatly up front with Steve Archibald at spurs and before that ..Brendan O Callaghan( i may be wrong) I think at Stoke..he scored goals.not goal a game stuff,but steady,....and he put so much work into his game ..a little like Paul Dickov f if you like...

Bu..as a presenter/pundit for the bbc...... been getting worse over the years...
....Garth was a clever player ,not robust but knew the angles and moves to confuse the Big hard Centre backs in his day..Steve Archibald definitely benefited from his off the ball work.
He is a Clever person. Who has chosen to jump into bed with the BBC
And,for money...Will say ,whatever he is told to say.
That's about it really.

But he was...... a professional footballer who stood his ground,on the pitch
In the face of disgusting abuse ,off it.
Yes I can relate to Gareth’s football career, you gave an honest appraisal of what he had to put up with, so you having a go at him for selling his soul to the BBC makes us realise how far down the pan he’s really gone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.