Gary James - Football Archive

City_Shirts

Champions 37,68,12,14,18,19,21,22, 23, 24, ?
Thank you to Dr Gary James for giving me the opportunity to guest blog my new book on his fantastic Football Archive website, and for the support he has given me.

If you have not yet purchased a copy of legendary blue Peter Barnes autobiography, that he published with Gary, then I can highly recommend you do so which is available via the website also.

Thank you to Dr Gary James for giving me the opportunity to guest blog my new book on his fantastic Football Archive website, and for the support he has given me.

If you have not yet purchased a copy of legendary blue Peter Barnes autobiography, that he published with Gary, then I can highly recommend you do so which is available via the website also.

Thanks for mentioning my website. I’ve been trying to develop it over the last three years to make it a repository for a lot of my writing. So at the moment there’s lots of free content that anyone can view and then there are other articles, interviews and books that are available to subscribers.

The entire Manchester A Football History, most of Farewell To Maine Road (the rest will be added soon) and my first book on City published in 1989 are all on there as PDFs for subscribers. There are also audio interviews with Malcolm Allison, John Bond & others too. Subscribing annually is cheaper than either Manchester A Football History or Farewell To Maine Road cost (£20 = about £1.67 per month) and there’s been at least one new article/feature each day for over a year now with well over 1000 separate features.

In these cash strapped times paying anything is a strain, so there’s lots of free stuff too and I try to ensure there’s a good mix, including a few excellent guest blogs like Mark’s. Have a read and then buy his book if you can.

Cheers and thanks again to Mark for doing the blog and for creating this thread.it is appreciated.

For anyone interested there's been quite a lot on attendances on my website recently. There'll already be the usual emptyhad stuff floating around with the usual numpties today so if you want to remind others of their club's loyalties then there might just be some evidence to help. Today's post is a feature from 1983-84 which talks of 2nd tier City rivalling League champs and leaders LFC for crowds:

Last week I posted some attendance facts from the decade before relegation in 1983 too. Some clubs (Arsenal for example) may want to question their own fans' loyalties back then:

I hope this helps. Obviously, there's lots more stuff on the website. Some of it's free and some of it's for subscribers only but I'm sure everyone will find something to interest them. Throughout January and into February I've been doing a daily post on the 1970s seasons, games and moments. Most of those are free to read. In December I did the same for the 1980s. Thanks for reading.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.