Gary Neville

Fame Monster

Apart from the fact that he started laughing when our goal was disallowed and is United through and through, the most important example of his bias yesterday was when Sterling brought down Walker-Pieters (I think) and as soon as he went down, Neville piped up with his usual "that's a tactical foul!" for which Sterling was harshly booked.

2 minutes later, Ndombele brought down De Bruyne 20 yards closer to goal. Neville said nothing and Ndombele wasn't booked despite the foul. Now obviously, Oliver must watch a lot of Premier League games on Sky and takes heed of what Neville says consciously or otherwise so it seems to be getting to the point where he's influencing referees with this tactical foul nonsense, making out that we're the only team that commits 'tactical fouls' despite committing the least amount of fouls overall in the Premier League the last two seasons. There was another foul committed by Moura which was a lot more of a tactical foul than Sterling's but yet again Neville said nothing and Oliver didn't book him.

So have we reached the point where, by only using the term 'tactical foul' in relation to City and mentioning it every time City commit a foul, that referees are being malignantly and deliberately influenced by Neville so that they punish City's 'tactical fouls' harsher than any other club? It definitely seemed that way yesterday.

Edit: BBC article released after the Spurs game seems to confirm my suspicion that Neville is biased and City are not the only team to commit tactical fouls in England. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49371002

Last edited:
He started with this tactical fouling thing last season before a derby,he was talking about dinho trying to get ref to book him early,no doubt what he and tyler says have an effect,they drove the getting sergio banned that time,they guide the FA as to what to review by making a big deal out of things we do,he once said that you do anything you can to get an advantage,he definately tries that with us,he won't ever stop doing our games,him and tyler are here to stay,never forget however nice he is in our direction he is still a diehard rag

His in-game commentating, when he is emotional and in the moment doesn't reflect well on him.

His post-game comments and analysis yesterday were pretty fair though and generally he is a good pundit. I much prefer him as a pundit rather than an in-game commentator. Because when he has time to think through his comments he can actually be fairly insightful.

He's jus jus pla from the Ferguson tactical book. He always sought to influence refs. I've never really heard anyone going on about tactical fouls, but now Sky have mentioned it everyone buys into it.

He's jus jus pla from the Ferguson tactical book. He always sought to influence refs. I've never really heard anyone going on about tactical fouls, but now Sky have mentioned it everyone buys into it.

it was actually Mourinho 2 years ago who started with it. He went with it day before the derby to influence refs to book Fernandinho. Liverpool fans were all over it whole last season. As was the clown who manage Rags now before last season's derby.

Sky will never stop Neville commentating on us so that part of the post is dead in the water but the rest of your post is spot on. I was there and accepted Sterling could/should be booked as it could have been seen as a tactical foul. I agree that thanks to the media especially the likes of Neville the refs are now looking for it but I then watched in amazement when Ndombele got away with (to me) as far more cynical tactical foul. All we ever ask for is consistency and all we ever say is we never get it.

We are the whipping boys so they will always find something to have a go at us for, tactical fouls is the latest and yes Neville is a Rag gobshite but sadly he is there for the foreseeable, just like spit the scouse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.