Gary Neville

I don't really mind who commentates on City games but I don't think it's right for Neville to commentate on united games and the same goes for Carragher and Liverpool matches.

Even if they were able to be objective
they shouldn't be in the position. It's like fan TV when the pair of them commentate on their own teams and opposition fans and neutrals shouldn't have to put up with that.

It's pretty annoying when Tyler says (as he often does) something on the lines of:

"City might appear comfortable but you just get the feeling that if (insert whomever we're playing here) could get a goal back, then a bit of panic could set in, and it could all still go very wrong for them."

It's just really obvious that he's hoping / willing it to happen.

you can't have 92 pundits - one for each club just incase (or should i say 91 by the time I have finished this?).
Pundits are pretty much all going to be ex-players who played at a high level, I think he is absolutely fine. I am sure someone could show 2 or 3 times he has been slightly biased but generally he and Souness in my opinion despite having history of certain clubs do a really good job. In fact I would rather have either of them on VAR for one of our games than the supposed unbiased numties we have now
Don't have any more problem with him than anyone else, but he definitely tries (and has tried) to alert people to issues which could harm City. 100% he does this, whilst both commentating and through analysis. When you think about our situation, objectively as a whole, even though it's gross abuse of his position at Sky, it's not at all surprising. That said, perhaps the most unpleasant aspects of this are his transparent attempts to conceal his malicious intentions, such as with platitudes beginning with "all great..." [teams, players, managers etc], do, whatever it is he's pointing out. In short, he's still working for United 100%. I actually love it because it is evidence of our continuing superiority, it will only stop when we stop dominating. Long may it continue!

you can't have 92 pundits - one for each club just incase (or should i say 91 by the time I have finished this?).
Pundits are pretty much all going to be ex-players who played at a high level, I think he is absolutely fine. I am sure someone could show 2 or 3 times he has been slightly biased but generally he and Souness in my opinion despite having history of certain clubs do a really good job. In fact I would rather have either of them on VAR for one of our games than the supposed unbiased numties we have now
2 or 3 times! wtf him and tyler got sergio banned from the derby,he has tried to get into the refs heads that we tactical foul,he doesn't say that about any other players in the entire league,it has worked and we get booked a lot,he begs for the other side to score,talks non stop about how our defence can be got at,every season since pep got here,yes he does say nice things about how we play,how could he ignore it but don't be fooled he wants us to lose every game

His constant and annoying " something just isn't right" comment does my head in.
I find it both specific and insightful ;-)

I still can't believe there were so many people (yes people on this very forum too) that were taken in and so sure that he would make a great manager because of his analysis and knowledge of the game - Emperor's New Clothes springs to mind.

Couldn't stand him as a player, don't like him as a pundit (still think he's a rat-faced tw@t) but if I ever have the good fortune to meet him, I will buy him a pint and thank him for the joy he gave me whilst manager of Valencia (obviously after articulating all of the above)...….....

Cheers G-Nev ;-)

Do you watch games on sky? did you see him after the everton game?
Biggest WUM on the whole forum

Two years ago the same nonsense was being written about Niall Quinn. Even ex-blues are against us now, plus every other media organisation, pundit, referee, governing body and lets not forget how the draws are fixed. It really is never ending this nonsense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.