Gary Neville

tumblr_mn9oa3CXZ51r6dk8qo1_500.gif

I always liked Piggy, the way he flowed and grunted was a cool streak, like Pac though, a real swine!

I have not read all the posts on GN pundit. But I like him as a person and as a pundit. He’s very good, I think the best around at the moment. He really think he thinks about what he says and makes very good non cliche observations. I think he is fare to us to be honest. Yes he’s a united fan but so what. When he’s not on say MNF it’s just not as good. Because United are a bit off the boil at the moment makes him more interesting to me anyway. I imagine this post will upset the hardliners and I will be ran out of town and my homestead burnt down. But I just think he’s an excellent pundit.
Where is the dislike button when you need it?

Tbh, I can't stand the ****, but I think he is genuinely a terrible commentator, bias aside. He's far too interested in being the center of attention, he never shuts up. A good commentary team shouldn't be noticed very much, at most they should be just keeping you company while you watch the game. But him and Tyler are constantly talking, constantly offering opinions, constantly trying to make soundbites that will "bang" on twitter, instead of just guiding you through the game. They make it impossible to ignore them, they are the dickheads that constantly talk during movies.

They aren't alone in that, there are a ton of these shit commentators who just can't let a few minutes pass without saying something unnecessarily over the top or irksome, but it does my head in. (hoddle/savage/owen/mcpointy all strong contenders for most annoying).

He's marginally better as a pundit, as he clearly has time to prepare a bit (or have others prepare what he's going to say) but when he's left to just ramble on he's awful. His post game coverage is always much worse than his pregame as well, full of over the top nonsense, cliches and stating the obvious, which leads me to believe that he's just not very insightful when put on the spot.

I really enjoy Don Goodman on the CHampionship coverage (and used to enjoy Hinchcliffe when he did that, before he sold his soul to get the PL games). He's just in the background, having an informal chat with the main commentator most of the time. He doesn't go over the top, he doesn't scream like a girl, he's pretty much ignorable if you want, but is perfectly pleasant.

Tbh, I can't stand the ****, but I think he is genuinely a terrible commentator, bias aside. He's far too interested in being the center of attention, he never shuts up. A good commentary team shouldn't be noticed very much, at most they should be just keeping you company while you watch the game. But him and Tyler are constantly talking, constantly offering opinions, constantly trying to make soundbites that will "bang" on twitter, instead of just guiding you through the game. They make it impossible to ignore them, they are the dickheads that constantly talk during movies.

They aren't alone in that, there are a ton of these shit commentators who just can't let a few minutes pass without saying something unnecessarily over the top or irksome, but it does my head in. (hoddle/savage/owen/mcpointy all strong contenders for most annoying).

He's marginally better as a pundit, as he clearly has time to prepare a bit (or have others prepare what he's going to say) but when he's left to just ramble on he's awful. His post game coverage is always much worse than his pregame as well, full of over the top nonsense, cliches and stating the obvious, which leads me to believe that he's just not very insightful when put on the spot.

I really enjoy Don Goodman on the CHampionship coverage (and used to enjoy Hinchcliffe when he did that, before he sold his soul to get the PL games). He's just in the background, having an informal chat with the main commentator most of the time. He doesn't go over the top, he doesn't scream like a girl, he's pretty much ignorable if you want, but is perfectly pleasant.
Good post. The Richie Benaud less is more approach to commentating is sadly obsolete now, the airwaves are awash with self serving cvnts desperate to unload their pre prepared cliche ridden bon mots on us

It’s irked me for years that in this high tech digital age we can’t simply opt for no comms with the press of a button. I suspect it’s because the broadcasters view the comms as salesmen always reinforcing how exciting the (often dull) game we’re watching is and reminding us of unmissable games to come.

I totally agree with that. If it's a United game he never shuts up; 'why is he jogging back?' 'such and such is making a run' 'he's free in the middle' 'stay on side', combined with load sighing and groaning if someone (a United player, not the opposition) over hits a pass or a cross.

Dunno what I want to hear today the sulky schoolboy Neville as he watches the scum get beaten badly, or the cock a hoop they are back jubilant crowing Neville aided and abetted by Red Tyler ! Whatever one turns up there is still Caragher to have to endure !

Dont agree with the biased jibe FFS Compared to Hinchcliffe and Quinny he is practically blue

Good post. The Richie Benaud less is more approach to commentating is sadly obsolete now, the airwaves are awash with self serving cvnts desperate to unload their pre prepared cliche ridden bon mots on us

It’s irked me for years that in this high tech digital age we can’t simply opt for no comms with the press of a button. I suspect it’s because the broadcasters view the comms as salesmen always reinforcing how exciting the (often dull) game we’re watching is and reminding us of unmissable games to come.
There was a great moment in the baseball game last night. Guy hits a walkoff homerun to send his team to the world series, which is just about the most exciting thing that can happen in an entire season of baseball. The commentator Joe Buck announces it as it's happening, but then is just silent for about a minute as the celebrations go on. It's great, it lets the moment speak for itself. Something football commentators seem incapable of doing, they seem to think you need to try and get your line out, say something memorable, when it should be about the actual moment.

AHIAC

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.