Gary Neville ... "spend what we want". Well sort of.

I hope Salford get into the league. It will be good for Greater Manchester to have another club. Other non league clubs should rise to the challenge.

The last thing Greater Manchester needs is yet another league club in the area.

If Salford start moving up through the leagues, it will have a detrimental effect on clubs like Bury, Macclesfield, Stockport, Oldham, etc.

Some of these clubs barely make ends meet as it is, there's just not enough support to go round.

The last thing Greater Manchester needs is yet another league club in the area.

If Salford start moving up through the leagues, it will have a detrimental effect on clubs like Bury, Macclesfield, Stockport, Oldham, etc.

Some of these clubs barely make ends meet as it is, there's just not enough support to go round.

Why are Bolton not on your list?

They won't make a tidy profit in League 1, or the Championship for that matter.

They'll only make a profit if they reach the Premier League but they'll have to spend a fortune to get there and stay there.

It's difficult to see what the point is to be honest.
A profit on selling their share.

Why are Bolton not on your list?

It won't really affect us as much as it did when Wigan started moving up the leagues, as we drew a lot of support from that area.

It will affect clubs that are clinging on with average attendances not much more than Salford are getting/will get in the future.

If the people who've invested in Salford wanted to do something for Greater Manchester football, they could have put some money into a club like Bury, the Neville's even have family connections there.

Really? I've no problem if the Class of 92 want to spunk their money on the club, but do blues go to see them? They've made no attempt to create an inclusive club, looks like a mini swamp watched by rags on a budget.

Ive been a few times with Darlington FC and there is always a City flag there with Salford on it.

They dont bother me and if they want to put money in fine.The only part that bothered me was changing the colours of a long established club to Red, that smacked of mini united and was wrong imo.

A lot of Darlo fans hate Salford as they are the opposite of a fan owned club like Darlington.

FC SCUM are becoming more tolerable as they seem to be losing a lot of the ex united turds that followed them for novelty in the early days to fill their sad lives.

Both have very poor away support when they have played at Darlington.

It won't really affect us as much as it did when Wigan started moving up the leagues, as we drew a lot of support from that area.

It will affect clubs that are clinging on with average attendances not much more than Salford are getting/will get in the future.

If the people who've invested in Salford wanted to do something for Greater Manchester football, they could have put some money into a club like Bury, the Neville's even have family connections there.
Thanks.As for your other comment,i think they want to create their own empire and not piggy back on a small yet well established one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.