Gary Neville ... "spend what we want". Well sort of.

The last thing Greater Manchester needs is yet another league club in the area.

If Salford start moving up through the leagues, it will have a detrimental effect on clubs like Bury, Macclesfield, Stockport, Oldham, etc.

Some of these clubs barely make ends meet as it is, there's just not enough support to go round.
This is very true. Rat boys dad was involved with Bury and I believe that the chuckles went to their football summer camps in the past. Why not invest in a club with a long history like Bury?

Edit

Does this remind anyone of Clone Dynamos?

Last edited:
I think Lim owns 50% and the celebrity owners the other 50%.

The big cut-off point will be the top of League 1, as FFP counts above that, and how big a name sponsor they can get.

The Accrington owner is a bit of a mouth (the PL snapped last year over him criticising the tiny amount of money given to League 1 and 2), but his point was that this new player was reported at £200k/year. Accringotn's wage bill in total is 932k, and the just won League 2. If that 200k is right, it seems a ludicrous amount, with no need to balance books.

The big cut-off point will be the top of League 1, as FFP counts above that, and how big a name sponsor they can get.

The Accrington owner is a bit of a mouth (the PL snapped last year over him criticising the tiny amount of money given to League 1 and 2), but his point was that this new player was reported at £200k/year. Accringotn's wage bill in total is 932k, and the just won League 2. If that 200k is right, it seems a ludicrous amount, with no need to balance books.
I would also think that with Accrington only managing an average crowd of 1800 (and sometimes even far less) that Salford could be substantially ahead of them in both crowd and certainly finances.
Good luck to them,its no skin of my nose on how well they do.

I would also think that with Accrington only managing an average crowd of 1800 (and sometimes even far less) that Salford could be substantially ahead of them in both crowd and certainly finances.
Good luck to them,its no skin of my nose on how well they do.

You'd think so, really.
The Accrington man certainly knows how to get under people's skin though. I was amused, and more so by Neville's fairly rude response.
A few other clubs engaged with Accy Man, and not all on his side.

In a year or two Salford can play Miami Seven FC.

I can understand other clubs being concerned but I can't see how any City fans can have an issue with it, given our own path since the takeover. As for Neville, I think oakie asked if he'd criticised our spending in the past and to my knowledge he hasn't. In fact, I seem to remember him moaning a few months back that we didn't match United's offer for Sanchez.

Wouldn't open the curtains if they were playing in my back garden.
Can't bring myself to have any emotions about anything run by those ****s.
Fucking people on here have short memories regarding that shower of wankers and the things they said and were complicit it regarding OUR club.

I know 3 match going united fans who ‘chose’ FC as there non league team, the irony of supporting them clearly lost on them, who have now switched to salfod.

Glory hunters to the very core. I wish nothing but misery on all 3 teams

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.