Gary Neville

I honestly believe that is what it was mate.
Someone should put it to Rudiger if there’s any substance to this now that things are calmer to ask if it may be what he heard. Tottenham have stated that there’s nothing conclusive from their initial enquiry. Obviously if it turns out that it was this chant, those involved may well still be punished but it might restore a bit of Rudiger’s faith in our game.

Deserves more than just a like - excellent work Sir.
Agreed, a well rounded and reasoned post. I don't object to Neville's comments and he is entitled to discuss the issue. The presenter was also entitled to say they were Neville's personal views not Sky's , although l thought it was a pretty obvious that was the case and he made himself look daft for saying it - probably just trying to follow a 'no political statement policy' they may have. I think racism IS present in our society but i don't think it is RIFE as the PFA have subsequently stated. It's present at all levels of the social strata and across the political spectrum. I first thought that Neville's walk off the pitch comment wouldn't achieve much apart from raise publicity but it may piss off the genuine majority of fans that attend the games to the extent that it becomes self policing. It may not stop a racist from thinking the way that they do but it'll stop them from voicing their obscene chants if they are forced to shut the fuck up. For my two penneth worth, i think this country has made significant progress combatting racism , it's nowhere near as bad as it was. Laws introduced to combat racism and sexism have had an impact . I feel though that the ever increasing drive for 'equal outcomes; is starting to negate the good work done. I heard an analogy recently that 'the train is reaching the station but if we don't take our foot off the pedal we may overshoot the platform'.Everyone is fighting so hard to raise their own cultural and sexual identities that we are forgetting basic levels of decency Finally, i'd just like to say that the recent incident i the derby game made me feel sick to my stomach, (the hands in the pocket excuse seemed pretty lame to me and although i do not know the man, i'd be voting against him ) i also felt sick for the way Bernardo was treated and subsequently punished for what was for me an innocent joke that i still,to this day, do not find offensive. The big danger in the walk off tactic and one out of the Warnock play book would be to use it as an excuse to walk off when the team were losing. Relegation battles could be interesting in future

Last edited:
On the balance of probability, Rudiger would have been on the receiving end of abuse for the play acting element of getting Son the red card (i personally thought Son deserved to go without the cheating theatrics)

Good to see that all the hard work he did at Valencia came good today. The way he transformed that club is truly amazing. A football genius.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.