Gary Speed

In fairness havent they done much better and qualified for major finals ?
I posted that comment in 2013; more than eight years ago.

Wales have done better since then, but maybe it was the foundations that Gary laid down that have been built on.

Weren’t there rumours that a Sunday paper were about to run an exposé on him?

If you do a Google some rumours that he was gay.

But all the it is very likely to be bollocks and perhaps was even stirred up by the press so they could complain they were having their wings clipped (post-phone hacking scandal) against the public interest of sorting rumour from truth.

If you do a Google some rumours that he was gay.

But all the it is very likely to be bollocks and perhaps was even stirred up by the press so they could complain they were having their wings clipped (post-phone hacking scandal) against the public interest of sorting rumour from truth.
I remember thinking at the time that if it was that and he thought he was going to be alienated by his family, probably lose his job and be made a figure of fun in the stands, that his reaction made some logical sense to me.

It obviously was never confirmed and whatever the reason for his decision to end his life is extremely sad.

And that is a fact , didnt want to get to deep into the subject , but here goes , a very good friend drank himself to death for me a form of suicide , a lot of his mates tried everything and failed , he had been through personal tragedies one after another and i can understand the drink issue. But i was so f*cking angry with him when he died and angry with myself for not having enough influence to save him
So angry i vowed not to got to his funeral but relented at the last minute and glad i did , i have happy memories now and try to blank out the last couple of years of his life , but to see his friends an family in so much pain at the funeral its hard to make sense of taking your own life.
Its a subject that will touch so many people and maybe not the place to air views on a football forum , but i have changed my views because when an apparently succesful guy like Gary Speed can take his own life , its not cowardice its as ganganvince stated , its desperation and very very sad,
I'd imagine it's very, very rare people drink with the intention of killing themselves unless dropping pills. An addiction and a way of escaping(yeah, I know it doesn't work). Your brain can be your worst enemy at times. Some more than others..

Isn't he one of four players who have committed suicide, who all had a connection to Barry Bennell as youngsters?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.