Gas & Electricity

We are building up money in our EDF account, I’m not arsed if they are getting interest on it I’ve always done this whoever I’m with, it allows me to budget the year. This increase in October if true 78% will swallow that up easily and we can afford it (just) I saw on another thread about attendances at games next season, I think you will see empty stadium unless the price it very very low and even then with petrol cost etc i see the entertainment sector will suffer as we go into a huge recession. I was a young lad in the early 80s but I remember the riots good chance this will happen again, these youngsters in their leased BMWs have hell of a shock coming.

I’m currently sat with £454 credit with EDF and a direct debit of £211 a month.

Normally you wouldn’t be worried pal but that credit will barely cover 1 months usage soon and it is simply in acceptable at a time the companies supplying and national grid are making record profits.

Crisis? What fucking crisis? We are being fleeced here.

They’re taking the piss.

And Shell have just announced record $11.5bn profits for a quarter reinforcing the view that the government can use the additional tax due on these profits to give the consumers a break on the tax and green levies in our utility bills. That would even be possible without a windfall tax on the energy companies.

They’re taking the piss.

Fucking hell.

I mean, I get that if the wholesale price is increasing exponentially then bills are inevitably going to go up but it seems to me that the consumer is taking the full hit and these energy companies are doing nothing on their side as they're only interested in protecting their profits.

The government needs to get a grip and intervene.

Fucking hell.

I mean, I get that if the wholesale price is increasing exponentially then bills are inevitably going to go up but it seems to me that the consumer is taking the full hit and these energy companies are doing nothing on their side as they're only interested in protecting their profits.

The government needs to get a grip and intervene.
Ha ha they are in their pockets, Sunak if he doesn’t win will end up working for one of these as a director.

We are building up money in our EDF account, I’m not arsed if they are getting interest on it I’ve always done this whoever I’m with, it allows me to budget the year. This increase in October if true 78% will swallow that up easily and we can afford it (just) I saw on another thread about attendances at games next season, I think you will see empty stadium unless the price it very very low and even then with petrol cost etc i see the entertainment sector will suffer as we go into a huge recession. I was a young lad in the early 80s but I remember the riots good chance this will happen again, these youngsters in their leased BMWs have hell of a shock coming.

My DD is £350 per month to EDF, looked at the fixed price offer and it was now £715.

That same company has been brought under nationalised control in France with no price rises until 2023 at least and even then it’ll be controlled.

We’re getting truly shafted and the idea the government can’t do much is complete bollocks.

Ha ha they are in their pockets, Sunak if he doesn’t win will end up working for one of these as a director.
Now now - Sunak has said he will scrap the 5% VAT on energy bills if he gets in. As if that's going to make any significant difference when bills are expected to go up by nearly 80% in October!

It's going to get real messy...its going to kick off big-time

Now now - Sunak has said he will scrap the 5% VAT on energy bills if he gets in. As if that's going to make any significant difference when bills are expected to go up by nearly 80% in October!
Not too long ago gas was about 2.6p per kWh. Now it’s 7.34p and it’s predicted to go up to 12p in October. Absolute madness. A 5% saving on VAT won’t even scratch the surface.

They’re taking the piss.

Something stronger than direct action is required. Publicly name and shame those receiving whopping dividends. The UK population is being extorted and there IS no competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.