Gas or charcoal bbq

Lemon7277

Evening everyone...in the hunt for a new BBQ...only ever used the disposable ones in the past but can't decide which way to go gas /charcoal ...was just hoping for some direction and the pros and cons on both

Those throw away one are the business and occasionally you can get them for a quid the pound shop.

Mine is gas and its been brilliant the last few weeks.
Am basically using it as an outdoor oven as its too hot to cook inside and i dont have time to arse about with coals.

Lump wood in a Weber Kettle for full bbq flavour. Might as well drag your oven outside if you want to go gas.

Those throw away one are the business and occasionally you can get them for a quid the pound shop.
Some disposables are better than others I've found. I use them when wild camping and as long as the meat isn't too fatty, I've found most ok. Some get too hot and i've found that food burns cooking too quickly, especially on a fixed metal grill tray that is directly above the coals and cannot be adjusted.. Not good for chicken as it needs to be thoroughly cooked through, and I like to microwave boned chicken first just to make sure it's cooked properly.

TCIB is one of the experts on here. I use charcoal and have done for years. Only used gas a few times and gas barbecues lack the smokey flavour unless you use smoking chips.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.