Gavin Bazunu | Joins Southampton on a permanent deal

After watching Bazunu over the last few months with Ireland he shows a calmness & ability to not be phased by anything that we see with players like Ruban Dias and dare I say VVD. The kid is only 19 and making a name for himself, by the time he's 21 he should have over 150 games played at club and Country level. A real gem for City to have 3 top keepers at the club.

I would imagine next year he will go on loan to hopefully a Premier leauge team or top championship team and we'll evaluate things after that. Stefan although signed a new contract recently won't want to be no.2 for another 2/3 years so might want a move. Eddy will be 30 when Bazunu is 21 and with a good chance of pep off in 2023 they could be a shake up with things then. When you see ramsdale going for 30million to arsenal in a year or 2 Gavin could stand us 20million

For a keeper they can go as long as they want even if they hit 40 if they maintain the level of performance and fitness. So if Eddy is anything like that, i can't see him being displaced for atleast five years and more.

If Ramsdale is £30m then Bazunu will be £60m (I'm not Relegation Ramsdale's biggest fan)
Keepers can be very much flavour of the moment and they thrive on confidence.
I must admit Ramsdale is playing great stuff at the moment and his distribution with his feet has really improved.
As long as Pep is with City I think Ederson will be unmovable.
Years ago, I thought Mervyn Day at West Ham was a great keeper, he had a few bad games and then disappeared off the scene.

Ps what is the story with Muric. Is he still with the Kosovo Panel?

For a keeper they can go as long as they want even if they hit 40 if they maintain the level of performance and fitness. So if Eddy is anything like that, i can't see him being displaced for atleast five years and more.
I agree with you about Eddy but you just never know whats going to happen. We all probably taught Joe Hart was going to be our keeper till he retired but shipped out at 28

I agree with you about Eddy but you just never know whats going to happen. We all probably taught Joe Hart was going to be our keeper till he retired but shipped out at 28

Maybe depends on the next manager then, if the next manager is still based on possession philosophy which i believe the club is going to looking for. Then eddy place will be safe, the guy is still the one of the best keeper in the market if the team playing possession based by building from the back.

Last edited:
Keepers can be very much flavour of the moment and they thrive on confidence.
I must admit Ramsdale is playing great stuff at the moment and his distribution with his feet has really improved.
As long as Pep is with City I think Ederson will be unmovable.
Years ago, I thought Mervyn Day at West Ham was a great keeper, he had a few bad games and then disappeared off the scene.

Ps what is the story with Muric. Is he still with the Kosovo Panel?
Looks like his career as a top keeper is spiraling downwards. Can't get a game in Turkey, now. Hope he can fullfill his potential still. Shame for a (big) young kid. We often big up young kids, and we have a lot of young talented keepers, but if Gavin needs a reference point as to how it can go, this is one.

I doubt Ederson survives the manager after Pep, all depends on how much they value his footwork, his shot-stopping ability will leave him in trouble with many managers imo.

Bazuna or Trafford may well have a chance at a career here, depends how patient they are?

We could do with them being good enough to loan to a Prem team like Henderson has had the chance to do, then they will get the football they desire and we get them the experience that we desire.

I doubt Ederson survives the manager after Pep, all depends on how much they value his footwork, his shot-stopping ability will leave him in trouble with many managers imo.

Bazuna or Trafford may well have a chance at a career here, depends how patient they are?

We could do with them being good enough to loan to a Prem team like Henderson has had the chance to do, then they will get the football they desire and we get them the experience that we desire.

Like i said before, it depends on next manager if someone like Luis Enrique or possession based manager like Pep was he will survive. And I think the Clubs want to keep it that way because many of the player in City is playing in possession based in mind. If they change manager with different mindset it will require long transition of rebuild and cost alot of money so our Club more likely is going to appoint posession based manager similar like Pep and Ederson is likely to stay.

Like i said before, it depends on next manager if someone like Luis Enrique or possession based manager like Pep was he will survive. And I think the Clubs want to keep it that way because many of the player in City is playing in possession based in mind. If they change manager with different mindset it will require long transition of rebuild and cost alot of money so our Club more likely is going to appoint posession based manager similar like Pep and Ederson is likely to stay.
Bazuna and Trafford are meant to be also good with their feet, no doubt never be at Eddy's level but then the age old 'a keeper is meant to be goal stopper first' comes into play and that is Eddy's biggest weakness, it will be a balancing act for the new guy but if Pep signs on for 3 more years then it will be Eddy for sure but at the end of that and Bazuna already an International and getting headlines and being around 24 years of age he may well have earned a chance at displacing Eddy who will be 32ish at this point, so not so cut and dried as you may think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.