Gavin Bazunu | Joins Southampton on a permanent deal

Bazuna and Trafford are meant to be also good with their feet, no doubt never be at Eddy's level but then the age old 'a keeper is meant to be goal stopper first' comes into play and that is Eddy's biggest weakness, it will be a balancing act for the new guy but if Pep signs on for 3 more years then it will be Eddy for sure but at the end of that and Bazuna already an International and getting headlines and being around 24 years of age he may well have earned a chance at displacing Eddy who will be 32ish at this point, so not so cut and dried as you may think.

Unless Eddy have major form drop off in one two years down the line, it will pretty difficult to displace him. Like i said Keeper most of time have a pretty long career that well into 40 if they can maintain their form and physic.

The most that i can see for Bazuna is he will replace Zack Steffen if decides to call it quit as backup keeper in near future.

Unless Eddy have major form drop off in one two years down the line, it will pretty difficult to displace him. Like i said Keeper most of time have a pretty long career that well into 40 if they can maintain their form and physic.

The most that i can see for Bazuna is he will replace Zack Steffen if decides to call it quit as backup keeper in near future.
I hear what you're saying but you seem to be quite deaf, enjoy the game.

I hear what you're saying but you seem to be quite deaf, enjoy the game.

Pep seems doesn't mind of Eddy weak area of being keeper, he thinks his kicking and ball playing ability is the most important on his scheme than shot stopping ability.

Pep seems doesn't mind of Eddy weak area of being keeper, he thinks his kicking and ball playing ability is the most important on his scheme than shot stopping ability.

You kind of proved my point there with this post tbh.

We were talking about the next manager after Pep, that was the whole point, was it not?

I even clarified it saying if Pep renews then Eddy would be the guaranteed keeper.

Portsmouth manager Danny Cowley has predicted a big future for Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Gavin Bazunu as he continues to impress on and off the field.

The Pompey manager tipped the 19-year-old to become a 'top goalkeeper' after a 'flawless' performance saw him keep a sixth clean sheet of the season in a 1-0 win over Gillingham on Saturday.

Being Irish i have watched him quite bit this season. His accuracy with his passing has allowed Ireland to completely change how we play. He also is an incredible shot stopper.

Not sure if his save against Luxembourg was posted, but it's out of this world. Enormous potential for a 19 year old.

Being Irish i have watched him quite bit this season. His accuracy with his passing has allowed Ireland to completely change how we play. He also is an incredible shot stopper.

Not sure if his save against Luxembourg was posted, but it's out of this world. Enormous potential for a 19 year old.

Being another Irish City fan, I hope you had the pleasure of watching him play for Portsmouth v Sheffield Wednesday last night, even though his opposite number Peacock-Farrell was voted MOTM, Gavin was excellent in everything he did, commanding in the area, he took some great catches from the opposition set pieces, once in possession he was looking for an outlet to get the team on the attack, and his distribution, be it kicking or throwing was top notch, I agree with you that his potential is enormous, all going well he can be a real star.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.