Gavin Bazunu | Joins Southampton on a permanent deal

Being Irish i have watched him quite bit this season. His accuracy with his passing has allowed Ireland to completely change how we play. He also is an incredible shot stopper.

Not sure if his save against Luxembourg was posted, but it's out of this world. Enormous potential for a 19 year old.

Quality save that, I hope we don't lose this kid tbh

Not much of a pathway for a keeper right now, but there's a good fee to be got here.

Big decision to be made soon between Steffen and Bazunu. Both too good to be back ups

Not really. He's in 19 and in League 1, he's years off being ready.

He'll probably go to the Championship next year, and then the Premier League in 2023. Maybe he'll go abroad then instead.

But no one is ever likely to become Manchester City first choice without Champions League and top level title-fighting experience so I wouldn't be surprised if he never spends a season as second choice.

You want youth GK's to be on the Courtois path, not the Dean Henderson one.

Just put him on a higher level loan, no rush with him.
Agreed. Although, personally I don't think there is a great deal of difference playing in goal in League 2 or the Championship.
As long as the team is willing to give him game time and play out from the back it's all gravy. I would have no issue with him staying in League One for another year if it meant 40 apps.

This kid is really good. The real deal. But you are spot on, absolutely no need to rush.

per Pompey OS - "Pompey’s 10-match unbeaten run in the league has yielded an impressive seven clean sheets.
And Gavin Bazunu has not allowed the ball to pass into his net in any of the past five third tier contests."

also ... Most league clean sheets in Englands top 4 leagues this season:
Ederson 11
Gavin Bazunu 11
Mark Travers 11
Sam Johnstone 11

per Pompey OS - "Pompey’s 10-match unbeaten run in the league has yielded an impressive seven clean sheets.
And Gavin Bazunu has not allowed the ball to pass into his net in any of the past five third tier contests."

also ... Most league clean sheets in Englands top 4 leagues this season:
Ederson 11
Gavin Bazunu 11
Mark Travers 11
Sam Johnstone 11
Ireland look pretty well set for keepers for the next decade with Bazunu, Travers and Kelleher
A bit like Scotland suddenly producing a load of decent full backs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.