Gavin Bazunu | Joins Southampton on a permanent deal

It's great that he is doing well at Portsmouth but difficult to know what to do with him. He seems to have enough to be a decent number 2 if Steffen wanted to move on to get more game time but would that stall his development?

Maybe a sale with buyback would be the best option? - should be getting £10 million plus considering that Arsenal paid £30 million for Ramsdale.

Portsmouth were at the Marriott in Worsley last night. I should hung around and said hello.

He's probably the best young goalie I've seen, I wouldn't call him an academy product though as he joined when he was 17.

It would depend on if Steffen stays and/or Gavin is okay being #2 for a bit.

Ederson being 28 (still young for a keeper) makes it hard for any keeper to have a chance as our #1 for a long time.

He's probably the best young goalie I've seen, I wouldn't call him an academy product though as he joined when he was 17.

It would depend on if Steffen stays and/or Gavin is okay being #2 for a bit.

Ederson being 28 (still young for a keeper) makes it hard for any keeper to have a chance as our #1 for a long time.
If he maintains his current progress I sincerely hope we find a way to keep this lad under City contract for a long time.

If he maintains his current progress I sincerely hope we find a way to keep this lad under City contract for a long time.
Has a contract until the summer of 2024 iirc and I imagine we will be extending that this summer before sending him out on loan to a good Championship team next season as part of his further development.
I think he has a much higher ceiling than Steffen and the fact he has already established himself as his national team’s number one and played 80-plus senior games at such a young age bodes well.
By comparison, the keeper he has benched for Ireland, Kelleher aka “the best number two keeper in the world” (stop laughing at the back, please) is almost four years older and has played only 17 senior games in his entire career

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.