Gavin Bazunu | Joins Southampton on a permanent deal

Waste of this kids time to sit on the bench for 45 games a season right now.

If he replaces Steffen he can play 15 games next season and win 3 trophies - Shield*, League Cup, FA Cup - plus 1 or 2 Champions League games while being around Ederson/Pep and learning what he need to do to replace him. Not to mention being straight in the team in the event of an injury.

I would suggest that plus 10+ international games for Ireland, so 25 games for the season, is a pretty good for a 20 year old and doing well would garner much more attractive offers than Southampton.

Follow it up with a 2 year loan somewhere at a club in European competition and he’d be in a good position to replace Ederson.

There is obviously a lot of benefit to playing every week, but there’s also a lot of benefits to being City’s #2 if your ambition is to be #1 one day and he’s got time.

*assuming we win the title this year.

Last edited:
If he replaces Steffen he can play 15 games next season and win 3 trophies - Shield, League Cup, FA Cup - while being around Ederson and realising what he need to do to replace him, not to mention being straig

I would suggest that, plus 10+ international games for Ireland is a pretty good season for a 20 year old.

Follow it up with a 2 year loan somewhere at a club in European competition and he’d be in a good position to replace Ederson.

There is obviously a lot of benefit to playing every week, but there’s also a lot of benefits to being City’s #2 if your ambition is to be #1 one day and he’s got time.
He wouldn't hit apps double figures, better to understudy after the loan and see how close he is, not how far away he is now. for me anyway.

He wouldn't hit apps double figures, better to understudy after the loan and see how close he is, not how far away he is now. for me anyway.

Well that’s just nonsense, Steffen played 12 games last season and if he’d not chucked the ball in his own net, he’d have made it 10 this season. Bravo played 17 games in 19/20 and 13 in 17/18 (obviously he was out injured all through 18/19)

Pep plays his number 2 keepers, always has, always will.

Last edited:
Well that’s just horseshit, Steffen played 12 games last season and if he’d not chucked the ball in his own net, he’d have made it 10 this season.

Pep plays his number 2 keepers, always has, always will.
Don't agree the bench is a step up over playing full season at a higher level than League one next season. Possible 5-10 games would be a worse than 40 games in the championship at this point. Contract is up 2024, if they want him to extend on that I think they keep him with sold game time right now.

No problem if they do bring him in, jsut cant see it yet.

Recent quote from the lad when asked about his future;

I've absolutely no idea, I'm open to everything.

I've got to go and meet some people at Manchester City, see what they have to say, but like I say my aim is just to go out and play again.

I've got to continue to get games under my belt and keep these experiences coming. Whatever they say I'll take into consideration and I'll make the best choice I can

I speak to Xavi [Mancisidor], the (Manchester City) goalkeeping coach, once or sometimes twice a week. He's absolutely brilliant. His knowledge of the game and advice... I can't compare it to anything else. Everything he says I hold onto and try to use.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.