Gavin Bazunu | Joins Southampton on a permanent deal

Made two good saves and looked composed and confident.

If he'd played in Serbia he wouldn't have been lobbed by Mitrovoic you'd have to think, was quick getting back on his line tonight when there was an attempted lob

Bazunu was 1 of the highlights in a piss poor match. A lot of pros from his point of view. I think the club should be looking at moving him into a more competitive league. If he can go out on loan to 1 of our feeder clubs and get game time then he will have a great chance of nailing down the green jersey for many years to come.

Bazunu was 1 of the highlights in a piss poor match. A lot of pros from his point of view. I think the club should be looking at moving him into a more competitive league. If he can go out on loan to 1 of our feeder clubs and get game time then he will have a great chance of nailing down the green jersey for many years to come.

NAC breda/ girona didn't go great for Muric the last keeper we sent out. Bazunu should be going to a championship club

NAC breda/ girona didn't go great for Muric the last keeper we sent out. Bazunu should be going to a championship club
We have a pleasant problem with our keepers.
It will be interesting to see what approach City take with them over the next few years.
As long as Pep is here, Ederson will be the number 1. He could easily be our no 1 in ten years time.
The only way he won't is due to an unexpected lack of form or a bad injury.
Steffen is too good to be a back up keeper and for his own development not too sure if he will be happy to just play an occasional cup match. Muric and Bazunu will improve if they get a good loan deal but again will probably get little game time at City.
Trafford and Moulden are young but appear very competent from what I've seen of them.

We have a pleasant problem with our keepers.
It will be interesting to see what approach City take with them over the next few years.
As long as Pep is here, Ederson will be the number 1. He could easily be our no 1 in ten years time.
The only way he won't is due to an unexpected lack of form or a bad injury.
Steffen is too good to be a back up keeper and for his own development not too sure if he will be happy to just play an occasional cup match. Muric and Bazunu will improve if they get a good loan deal but again will probably get little game time at City.
Trafford and Moulden are young but appear very competent from what I've seen of them.
They're all too good to be back ups, that's the thing. We'll flip Bazanu and Steffen for a profit on the next few seasons (Muric too if he sorts out his head) and promote or sign another back up and rinse and repeat.

I think look at the City Group as a whole. New York City and Troyes in France both teams will be playing in a competitive league hopefully next season if Troyes get promotion to the top league in France. A move for 1 of the younger keepers to either leagues would be great for them. Banzu is only 19 extremely young for a keeper. I honestly think he would benefit from a move away on loan to either NYC or Troyes if he can get first team football there in either league for a season at a higher level he will come on major strides again. Also he could maybe nail down the Irish keeper role too and playing regular international football will bring him on more again. Man football will be huge for him. Might then in the following season move him into backup role for Ederson.

At very least, this lad is gonna make us a few million. Another excellent bit of scouting.
Our youth development might have gone to shit mate but there's plenty of good keepers here, skill transfer between the two footballing sports ensures that. The club could do a lot worse than scouting down as far as Leinster league level.

Seems Dale went for the more experienced keeper for the last few games. Sadly looks ominous for Rochdale.

Not sure if he dropped a clanger and that led to him being dropped as it coincided with him playing for Eire.

Either way a very successful loan for the lad and now a full Eire international.

Seems Dale went for the more experienced keeper for the last few games. Sadly looks ominous for Rochdale.

Not sure if he dropped a clanger and that led to him being dropped as it coincided with him playing for Eire.

Either way a very successful loan for the lad and now a full Eire international.

Sadly my mate who's a Rochdale fan pretty much single handedly blames him for their relegation. Says he has no command of his area and stays rooted to his line far too much. As a result Rochdale have conceded absolutely loads from set pieces and crosses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.