Gavin Bazunu | Joins Southampton on a permanent deal

Hello to all Blues fans here, as another Irish blues fan, I would like to point out that as far as I can see only one supposed Rochdale fan gave an opinion on Gavin in these pages
"Says he has no command of his area and stays rooted to his line far too much. As a result Rochdale have conceded absolutely loads from set pieces and crosses."
The couple of mistakes he has made while playing for ROI have been when he has too hastily left his line, so I doubt if the supposed Rochdale fan has ever seen him play, he is definitely not a stay on your line keeper.
All of us over here think that he has massive potential, and he also comes across as a calm and level headed bloke in his interviews, we have high hopes for him
PS. I have been reading these pages for years, but only now have I taken the plunge
Rag

Bazunu can definitely be City's next keeper. Great shot stopper, arguably better already than Ederson in that regard - i know thats a big call and that i've only seen him play live about 10 times.
He's not bad with his feet but nowhere near Ederson's class in that regard yet.

He'll be sold in the next season or two for a decent fee in my opinion.

As good as he is and will be, Ederson is one of the best in the world and is contracted with us until he is 33 years old. Obviously you never know what's going to happen so far down the line, but we have always been quick to lock Ederson down long term and he's seemingly signed long term extensions with no fuss each time. He clearly loves it here and there's no better team in the world for him that plays to his strengths - likewise the same for us in terms of having a keeper with his skillset.

Bazunu isn't sticking around on a loan cycle until he's 25 to get a shot as our first choice keeping after the hype he's been getting this season.

I also very much doubt he will be interested in being a number 2 given his potential and the fact he'll probably have a queue of clubs interested in his signature.

I think the most likely scenario is that he builds on this season, signs up with a decent Championship or maybe even a premier league club on loan next season and then gets sold at the end of 2023 with a buy back clause (or even this season if he's managed to turn enough heads).

Keeper is just such a hard position to break into, especially when you have someone so established and crucial to our team as Ederson. The only way I see a pathway for him is if Ederson decides he wants a new challenge in the next couple of seasons.

He'll be sold in the next season or two for a decent fee in my opinion.

As good as he is and will be, Ederson is one of the best in the world and is contracted with us until he is 33 years old. Obviously you never know what's going to happen so far down the line, but we have always been quick to lock Ederson down long term and he's seemingly signed long term extensions with no fuss each time. He clearly loves it here and there's no better team in the world for him that plays to his strengths - likewise the same for us in terms of having a keeper with his skillset.

Bazunu isn't sticking around on a loan cycle until he's 25 to get a shot as our first choice keeping after the hype he's been getting this season.

I also very much doubt he will be interested in being a number 2 given his potential and the fact he'll probably have a queue of clubs interested in his signature.

I think the most likely scenario is that he builds on this season, signs up with a decent Championship or maybe even a premier league club on loan next season and then gets sold at the end of 2023 with a buy back clause (or even this season if he's managed to turn enough heads).

Keeper is just such a hard position to break into, especially when you have someone so established and crucial to our team as Ederson. The only way I see a pathway for him is if Ederson decides he wants a new challenge in the next couple of seasons.
I mean is that what Dean Henderson has done? He went on 5 loans before returning to United. Now he’s had a year or two of rotation with DDG. With goalkeepers i think they are more likely to spend multiple years on loan and accept being a back up, essentially having to wait 5+ years, until they become first choice. There’s always clubs out there willing to take a top goalkeeper on loan. Maybe bazunu will want to leave permanently but I personally can see Steffen for two years then one of Bazunu or Trafford maybe comes back and takes over as 2nd choice before seeing if they can eventually replace Ederson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.