Ged Brannan/97-98 season thread!

Hardly surprising, seeing as you only started following us in 2008.

giphy-3.gif

a throw of dice no 17
I must tell you one time about the Aberdeen fan I met on holiday. I managed to convince him that I gave up Chelsea after City signed Robinho. He said I was a disgrace to Pat Nevin and Steve Clarke!

I recall Ged Brannon signing for Motherwell around the turn of the Millennium. They had been taken over by a holiday entrepreneur called John Boyle. He meant really well and wanted to challenge Rangers and Celtic. He signed a number of Internationals including John Spencer from Chelsea and Andy Goram. He cut prices in the hope of attracting large crowds while quadrupling the wage bill.

Boyle’s main problem was that he sounded like a cross between Larry Grayson and Alan Carr. The other problem was that the team signed the likes of Ged Brannon. The team made no impact on Rangers and the crowds failed to arrive, leaving Boyle with a massive loss after a fire sale.

At the end of the episode, Motherwell went back to being Motherwell.

Although he was shite, the one player for me that epitomises the dross we were served up around this time was Barry Conlon

Who the fuck saw something in this clown that suggested he was a footballer? He looked like somebody who’d won a competition to play for the club

I swear you could have gone on Hough End any weekend and found half a dozen lads with more talent, who after a couple of weeks fitness training, would have been a much better option

My mate was at a 'Half Man Half Biscuit' concert when someone pushed past him and others to get close to the stage, this person shouted at the top of his voice, " hey, Ged Brannen's fuckin shit"
to which The Biscuits lead singer replied, " Ha Ha, we had you over there didn't we "

My mate was at a 'Half Man Half Biscuit' concert when someone pushed past him and others to get close to the stage, this person shouted at the top of his voice, " hey, Ged Brannen's fuckin shit"
to which The Biscuits lead singer replied, " Ha Ha, we had you over there didn't we "
Remember hearing HMHB turned down a helicopter ride to a TV show (maybe the Tube) in London to watch Tranmere play on a Friday night. I know a Tranmere fan who rated Ged but reckons John McGreal was their star turn of the 90s.

I remember watching him at Burnley pre-season thinking we’re going places with him, Bradbury, Beesley, Vaughan etc. He certainly took us to places we’d never been to before the season after.

However, please take the time to watch the attached is 1st division players consistently couldn’t pass to a City player. I5 truly is bad highlights.

Re: Ged Brannan

Can't believe some even semi-positive stuff being said about Brannan? Absolute joke of a signing, £750k was a lot to us then. He was one of the main reasons we were so bad, terrible player who didn't even put a shift in.
This. He was beyond dreadful. Creaney esque

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.