Gender pay gap in football

The whole equal pay argument is at the height of ridiculousness in tennis.

Five set five hour epic Wimbledon final, two guys leaving everything they have out on court, get paid the same as two women in a one hour non event.

It's ludicrous.

That's only four tournaments a year (the grand slams) every other tournament they both play the same best of three sets. In Olympic year and if they play Davis Cup they might have to play a few more five set games.

If every game the men play in the grand slams went to five sets and every game the women play went to three. Then over the course of the year the very best man (you would have to get to all the finals) might be asked to play around an extra 48 sets a year.

It is entirely possible through the way results pan out that a woman could play more sets over the course of a year than a man. Even with the five set format in a few events.

Im an aspiring stripper. I have a nice compact athletic body. If I go and strip at spearmint rhino can I earn the same money as the other top girls?? . Equal pay and all that malaarky

The women's national team in the USA have I believe higher TV viewing figures and higher match attendances than the men.

So? If they generate more revenue as a result then they should get paid more from those streams, when the men do go to the world cup and bring a fat cheque from FIFA they should earn more than the piddling amount in comparison the women bring in because their world cup has been far less commercially viable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.