Gender pay gap in football

They have got further than the mens team in competitions involving the NATIONAL team,this is what the thread is about,NATIONAL NOT CLUBS
How much revenue was generated for FIFA for the mens world cup and the womens world cup?
I am talking TV revenue, sponsorship, advertising.... That will give you an idea as to why one gender gets more than the other.
Not saying I agree with it (not saying I dont either!) But that is what it comes down to.

Only expenses(travel/accommodation) should be paid for internationals, it should be an honour to represent your country.

If the Women's England team don't bring in the same revenue why should they be paid the same? Or should the Mens game subsidize the Women's game?
Personally I think the mens game should subsidise all levels of football regardless of age or gender, it should also be used to make sure that smaller clubs don't get shafted by crap businessmen like Bury.
There's enough money sloshing about FA headquarters to uplift the game at every level and that's what it should be used for. Imagine how good we could be at all levels if the same amount of money and backing that the USA women's team gets was spent on the English women's game and on improving the coaching and facilities for kids regardless of gender.
Having said that I didn't even realise that players got paid for international duty, I just thought they did it as it was an honour to play for their country. You learn something new everyday!
Does anybody know what the actual pay gap for playing in a world cup is in England?

Well City attract more fans and sponsorship, like the USA women attract more viewers and sponsorship than USA men.

So what were you saying again?
Unfortunately your point is incorrect. US men have the potential to generate significantly more than women and already the US club players generate significantly more interest than women’s (remind me, what is the average crowd and revenue at women’s football). Men’s World Cup generates 50+ times the revenue of women’s and the prize money is already skewed unfairly in balance of women. However if the US men’s team qualify for the finals they already would generate significantly more than the womens so sometimes it is about speculating to accumulate

Personally I think the mens game should subsidise all levels of football regardless of age or gender, it should also be used to make sure that smaller clubs don't get shafted by crap businessmen like Bury.
There's enough money sloshing about FA headquarters to uplift the game at every level and that's what it should be used for. Imagine how good we could be at all levels if the same amount of money and backing that the USA women's team gets was spent on the English women's game and on improving the coaching and facilities for kids regardless of gender.
Having said that I didn't even realise that players got paid for international duty, I just thought they did it as it was an honour to play for their country. You learn something new everyday!
Does anybody know what the actual pay gap for playing in a world cup is in England?

The Mens game is subsidizing all levels of the game though, look at the City women, there is no way they generate enough income to pay the wages to the players, management, coaching staff, Medical staff and all the other staff needed on a weekly or daily basis.

I don't have a problem with that, in fact it's great for the City Women to be full time pro's.

The problem I have is a poster saying the Women should get equal pay with the Men, thats ridiculous, when the Women's game brings in very little money by comparison.

If the FA wanted to give equal pay for National duty again I Wouldn't have a problem but it shouldn't be demanded.

You're missing the point fella and we'll take tennis as an example sport
At Wimbledon men's and ladies prize money is the same, yet women play best of three sets, men best of five and there's no way the best women's player could compete with any of the top 50, maybe top 100 men

But pay is all about equality

Do the men’s and women’s tennis get similar viewing figures too?

Had a bit of a read about this, apparently the FA give out central contracts to 33 female players 25k per year before bonuses. They get paid by their clubs as well.

The Men donate their match fee's to charity, the FA don't say how much match fee's are though.

You're missing the point fella and we'll take tennis as an example sport
At Wimbledon men's and ladies prize money is the same, yet women play best of three sets, men best of five and there's no way the best women's player could compete with any of the top 50, maybe top 100 men

But pay is all about equality
The top female players wouldn't have a chance against any male players in the top 1000 never mind top 100.

They do very well for themselves female tennis players, although it is only majors where there is equal pay.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.