General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Just watched a party political broadcast by the tories.
Didn't mention their own party once. Nothing about what they plan to do. They spent the time telling us why not to vote for another party.
It's about time the format of PPB's were changed so that each party can only talk about their party and why the public should vote for them

Reform backed the comment about neutrality v Hitler.

I actually didn’t believe you at first so I looked it up (from Sky):

It followed a different statement that was provided to the BBC, in which the spokesperson said Mr Gribbin's comment about Hitler was not an endorsement but a "conveniently forgotten truth", while his comment about women was "tongue in cheek".

They said: "Through offence archaeology the BBC has found that Mr Gribbin has made a series of comments about a number of subjects.

"They were written with an eye to inconvenient perspectives and truths. That doesn't make them endorsements, just arguing points in long distance debates.

"His historical perspective of what the UK could have done in the 30s was shared by the vast majority of the British establishment including the BBC of its day, and is probably true.”

Christ almighty. This is like “just asking questions” turned up to 11. Yes, many people including the PM considered appeasement in the 30s, but its a bit different to come to the same conclusion 90 years later when we now know the Nazis were literally loading millions of people into ovens. What an insane level of fuckwittery.

Also “offence archaeology” lol. It was posted in 2022, hardly the Dead Sea fucking scrolls.

Just watched a party political broadcast by the tories.
Didn't mention their own party once. Nothing about what they plan to do. They spent the time telling us why not to vote for another party.
It's about time the format of PPB's were changed so that each party can only talk about their party and why the public should vote for them

Yea saw that. Its seems to be their way of doing things, I'm sure the tories did a similar one last week.

The tories have had 14 years to tell us what they will do

The polling suggests that in a new referendum Remain would easily win, but that still means the majority of Leave voters would vote Leave again.

With 17m leave voters, there are still around 12m who want to stay out, and there are also millions of people who voted Remain who think we should stick with the decision.

Labour are likely going to win a landslide in a few weeks, and they still might only get around 12m votes, so you're talking about a huge fracture in society if you reverse things. You can just imagine Farage whipping up the "betrayal" of those millions of voters.

I suspect that there's a lot of alignment that most people don't care about, and which would help the economy, so they'll slowly reintegrate where they can. But I'm not sure it would make the country a happier place to go back to the full leave/remain arguments again.
I’ve maintained for some time that the only way we could conceivably reenter at our end, and dealing with the other end is a whole different ball-game(!) is if at least two thirds of the population willed it, and we are a long way from that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.