General transfer rumours

Manchester City have their eyes on Mattias Svanberg and see him as a replacement for Fernandinho, whose contract expires this summer. Bologna want to extend Mattias contract with a promise to sell this summer instead. [Calciomercato]

We seem to be scouting this kid alot at the min.
As a Swede I would say he is definitely not a 6, at least not played like it until now. Occupies the same spaces as Gundo/Silva, but obviously not as good. Is he good enough to pushing for a starting spot at City? Doubt it, not today anyway. Would not expect him to be a certain starter in a team like AC Milan (again, today, could be in the future), so not sure why we would be interested in him. If he was 19, sure. But he will turn 23 in a week.

The truth is, we opened the door and now have to take this shit.
Sold Torres far too cheap. We should have dragged out process a lot longer too. To teach them a lesson with their stupid buy out clauses they put in contracts in Spain we should have stuck a buy back clause of around £80 million just to annoy them.

Barca now want Laporte seems they want our whole team

When Barcelona know all Laporte has to do is knock on Pep door and say I want out, you can see why Barcelona will target our players. also the way we let them pay we helped them out and say you can start the payments next year!

This 1.5 billion loan for stadium rebuild was supposed to be only for that but we know how shady they are in Spain divert 200m for players and they have kitty to rebuild.

Last edited:
Sold Torres far too cheap. We should have dragged out process a lot longer too. To teach them a lesson with their stupid buy out clauses they put in contracts in Spain we should have stuck a buy back clause of around £80 million just to annoy them.
If someone really wants to leave, it's not a good idea to keep them around - especially if they've been 'tapped up' by another big club.

Laporte's actions in relation to not being picked to play for France summed him up for me. He's a bit of a mard arse with a poor attitude. Not a particularly good professional.

He's not a first choice player imo. He's a solid back up but lacks any real skill or leadership qualities.

If Barcelona do want him, he'll be begging Pep to let him leave. Pep should shake his hand, say thanks and good luck, and let Txiki 'negotiate' a £50m transfer. He won't be missed.

If someone really wants to leave, it's not a good idea to keep them around - especially if they've been 'tapped up' by another big club.

Laporte's actions in relation to not being picked to play for France summed him up for me. He's a bit of a mard arse with a poor attitude. Not a particularly good professional.

He's not a first choice player imo. He's a solid back up but lacks any real skill or leadership qualities.

If Barcelona do want him, he'll be begging Pep to let him leave. Pep should shake his hand, say thanks and good luck, and let Txiki 'negotiate' a £50m transfer. He won't be missed.
Only issue is we will find a difficult replacement with those funds of 50 million. Look at what Ben White went for. It’s not holding onto him but extracting maximum pay from Barcelona. Would red scousers let Torres go for what we sold him for when we knew the centre piece he was to their new set up? With their new bank loans we should have fleeced them. When the banks calls in the loans I for one will be happy, more than a club they say…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.