General UFC thread

What did everyone make of the fights this weekend? I thought the judging was a shambles, all over the place. There was one specific judge who fucked up scores on 3 different scorecards, he had the JJ vs Dom fight as 39-36! Contrary to belief, UFC has no power of who the judges are as they are picked by the commission, but we have seen in boxing that promoters are free to get in the ear of judges. However, i do think it's more to do with the judges having no fucking idea what's happening in front of their eyes and that the rules are all wrong for this sport, they need to be built from the foundation up, instead of re-using the boxing rules.

Re the main event, tbh i thought Dom did enough in the first 3 rounds to take the fight but i don't think it was a robbery. I thought he cracked JJ a few times and had him in trouble, you could see at the end of the fight that Jon knew he might have gotten away with one and he himself said he only thought he won it due to the takedowns. Now this is something that really fucks me off, he attempted a few takedowns and Dom showed amazing defence, he only really got taken down when he tired in in the championship rounds. Forward pressure is also used in judging, which is fair enough, but so is cage management IMO and Reyes moved around really well out of danger as well as having JJ backing up and even running back into position on a number of occasions. Like i say, not a robbery, but IMO it was the incorrect decision.

Valentina is such a beast, she is head and shoulders above everyone in her weight class and i think that they might as well not bother TBH. The only fight that makes sense to me is the Nunez fight, i thought she won both of the fights she had with Nunez and its the fight that needs to be made. A good way to set it up would be for Nunez to cut weight (if she can) and then try and go for the 3rd belt and become a legit triple weight champ, IMO that would be a great way for her to retire from the sport.

Didn't think the card itself was great. Best fight for me was Valentina's total destruction of Chookagian. Just took her apparent technically and physically. Her speed and read were immense! But, I love that girl anyway, so I could just be biased in my thinking!

I'm not sure the UFC will allow a title fight at catchweight.

I can't see that happening, but we'll see.

Didn't think the card itself was great. Best fight for me was Valentina's total destruction of Chookagian. Just took her apparent technically and physically. Her speed and read were immense! But, I love that girl anyway, so I could just be biased in my thinking!

I'm not sure the UFC will allow a title fight at catchweight.

I can't see that happening, but we'll see.
Valentina is just so much better than anyone in her division, i think only Nunez matches up with her.

I don't want it at a catchweight, if Nunez can come down to Valentina's weight class that would be perfect. Not sure she can though, shes huge.

Did you hear the JRE with Rashad? They were discussing the JJ Vs Reyes fight and Rogan's take on it was so fucking stupid. He said that if the fight didn't have an end then JJ would have clearly won, he also said that if you compare it to a school ground fight (which he acknowledged was stupid, but still continued with it) then the winner of the fight is whoever is taken off the other guy and is winning at that point. He said if you got beaten down for 2 rounds then you should lose, completely ignoring the fact that Reyes didn't get beaten down at any point and that he won the first 2 rounds and possibly the 3rd. When he let's his bias control his thoughts, it fuck's up his arguments and it's clear in this case.

Valentina is just so much better than anyone in her division, i think only Nunez matches up with her.

I don't want it at a catchweight, if Nunez can come down to Valentina's weight class that would be perfect. Not sure she can though, shes huge.

Did you hear the JRE with Rashad? They were discussing the JJ Vs Reyes fight and Rogan's take on it was so fucking stupid. He said that if the fight didn't have an end then JJ would have clearly won, he also said that if you compare it to a school ground fight (which he acknowledged was stupid, but still continued with it) then the winner of the fight is whoever is taken off the other guy and is winning at that point. He said if you got beaten down for 2 rounds then you should lose, completely ignoring the fact that Reyes didn't get beaten down at any point and that he won the first 2 rounds and possibly the 3rd. When he let's his bias control his thoughts, it fuck's up his arguments and it's clear in this case.

Well, Nunez ain't ever coming down, so that's that over and done with.

Shame.

I haven't listened to the JRE for a short while, so I'll look out for it over the weekend.

Anyone else wasching UFC 248, been pretty good so far.

The womens main event was a great watch. The mens not so much.

JJ had a right alien head at the end of the fight. It also looked like she’d been working on her chest muscles.

That Romero fight was the worst thing I've ever seen. Some guy was having a wank next to me at the pub saying I will be at the edge of my seat watching. He's right, I nearly fell off my stool falling asleep. What a load of old wank

All UFC fights to go ahead sans fans with some changing back to the performance institute in LV.
Gonna be interesting as Nevada has banned all combat sports until late March.

Just rebook tony vs khabib to international waters please.

The fights this weekend were fucking weird, no crowd so it was like those TUF events where you can hear the corners and fighters. Bit sad for the Maia fight, but he's in his 40s now so it's to be expected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.