General UFC thread

I think khabib wrestling completely breaks mma, you cannot move when you are caught in it. What would gsp with his legs wrapped up and taking undefendable blows to the face?
His chain wrestling is perfect for MMA, no doubt. But the worry for Khabib would be firstly, GSP has much better stand up than him, he has amazing takedown defence but the biggest factor is he has worldclass takdowns for MMA himself and he's very good at controlling from the top. If GSP wants to double leg, i'd bet money on him getting it and having seen him roll with Danaher you can see he is really, really good. Personally, i think it's a really bad match up for Khabib. The fight i'd really like to see is Khabib vs Covington, i think that would do great numbers and i think he could take Colby down.

His chain wrestling is perfect for MMA, no doubt. But the worry for Khabib would be firstly, GSP has much better stand up than him, he has amazing takedown defence but the biggest factor is he has worldclass takdowns for MMA himself and he's very good at controlling from the top. If GSP wants to double leg, i'd bet money on him getting it and having seen him roll with Danaher you can see he is really, really good. Personally, i think it's a really bad match up for Khabib. The fight i'd really like to see is Khabib vs Covington, i think that would do great numbers and i think he could take Colby down.
Whilst we'll have to agree to disagree with the assessment on Gaethje's adrenaline dump (I think he indicts this in the post fight chat in the ring, but anyway...), I have to 100% agree with you on GSP.

I miss his presence in the ring.

Finally time for Mystic Mac to disappear forever now.

Must be the most tiresome celebrity the last decade, other than maybe Trump

Finally time for Mystic Mac to disappear forever now.

Must be the most tiresome celebrity the last decade, other than maybe Trump

simce I heard of him a few years back he has lost about 5 of 7 fights. Seems a complete tit.

Poirier is my favourite fighter so was nice to see him slap Conor about. Massively underrated. Holloway claimed he was the best boxer in ufc last week despite the fact Poirier bullied him.
People were saying Gaethje had best stand up in lightweight and Dustin put him away too.

Last edited:
Poirer is a beast been watching him since he came to UFC after watching him in some documentary when he was still amateur, him and another guy. Comes across as a really decent bloke. Loves his wife and kid and does amazing work for his foundation and charity.

Conor is an absolute shithead. He got absolutely flatlined by arguably the best lightweight in the world now Khabib has retired.

Great stuff. Hope the kid goes on and wins the belt. He certainly put in the hard yards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.