General Wrestling Thread

Re: Royal Rumble On Tonight

Damocles said:
Calling it a fake fight between blokes in underpants is akin to calling football 22 men chasing a ball on grass or the Mona Lisa a bit of colours spread on paper.

Whilst sort of true it spectacularly misses the point.

I don't mind if people don't like it, it's entirely up to you. I've watched it since I was a kid. However it's a live and ongoing event tonight that some on here do like and we generally have threads about it that are pretty popular.

Imagine how annoying it would be if you were reading a Match Thread and some twat kept telling you how rubbish football was, and how it was gay to watch well toned athletes running around in shorts for 90 minutes?

This is essentially what people are doing here.

Trying hard here not to take the piss Dam or seem to being a cockscuker but you are like the cleverest poster and you like WWE?

Markt85 said:
Bilboblue said:
Simply cannot believe anybody with half a brain watches that shite.

I agree. What is the enjoyment in watching a pre planned fake fight between blokes in underpants. Very odd

you should love it then, considering how you put up with that fake attempt at a football match by your Hammers in 2 legs v us and the fake pride of overpaid mercenary rags in an England shirt.

mcmanus said:
Trying hard here not to take the piss Dam or seem to being a cockscuker but you are like the cleverest poster and you like WWE?

Yes. WWE is entertaining, athletic and pretty psychological.

It's one of those things that you have to know a bit about to appreciate as an artform. Essentially the wrestlers inside the ring attempt to control the emotion of a massive crowd by getting them to suspend their disbelief and get enthralled in a battle. They then use classic storytelling to keep them going until the crescendo at the end.

Done well, and it's extremely rare nowadays in WWE to be honest, there's very few forms of narrative that illicit that edge of your seat excitement like wrestling can.

Think of it as a live action movie but the director is personally pacing the film to suit the reactions from the audience. That's a decent description.

dazdon said:
Simple question Damo....do you think the outcome of the fights are real?

No, do you think Dirty Den is really dead?

True, in the territory days wrestlers used to fuck people up in bars for using the word "fake" to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.