General Wrestling Thread

Yaya_Tony said:
pudge said:
Looks like Undertaker/Lesnar will be the only match worthwhile at WM, depending on how this Shield/Wyatt story pans out.
Lesnar will beat the fuck out of undertaker. But will lose. I'm not excited at the prospect of the guys i watched originally battling the likes of bryan. He's OK, and roh does rock to it's audience, thank fuck aj is back to bring legitimacy back. Wwe is such a wasted opportunity in my fucked up UK mind
The streaks the one thing WWE dare not mess with but the matches are still some of the best.

Punk/Taker was by far the best match of last years Mania even when you know the outcome.

And as many know, Im not too thrilled to see anyone face Bryan because then I have to watch Bryan. I wouldnt doubt that if he faces HHH then then it will be early on the card and if he wins then hes in the main event. WWE love giving Bryan 2 matches a night.

When theyre not having him headline PPVs/bury him that is.

I haven't watched it since the original days of Too Cool & Rikishi but classic WWF/WWE with Raw on a Friday Night was one of the funniest things on TV. It was good to watch with a lager on the go and a bag of Wotsits on the coffee table. A release!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0cnVrGD5g4[/youtube]

I'm really an NWA/early WCW guy.

Loved it when they had Flair, Sting, Luger, Vader, Mean Mark (taker), Sid, Dusty and more in singles with Freebirds, Road Warriors, Doom, Eaton & Lane, Morton & Gibson, Horsemen and more superb tag teams.

Never taken to WWF/E in the same way but they've had some superb talent down the years.

Best wrestler I've ever seen is Bret Hart but some of the Japanese guys are probably at least as good.

Stan 'Lariat' Hansen was good value but his style got old very quickly.

get joined up here fellas - <a class="postlink" href="http://xtremewrestlingtorrents.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://xtremewrestlingtorrents.net/</a>

great for full events and especially shoot interviews.

Registrations are now open...

I was a big wrestling fan as a kid, and still regularly watched until about a decade ago, around the end of the Attitude Era. Would anybody be able to give me a very breif rundown of what's happening now?

Whenever i've tried to delve back into it in recent years i've been very disappointed. Technically it's probably improved, so my guess would be that if you're a traditionalist you'd still quite enjoy it, but there seem to be very few great characters nowadays, which is what drew me to it more than technique. They have far too many PPVs and the episodes of Raw and Smackdown look to exclusively to build up storylines for said PPVs. The storylines, to the half-interested eye, look boring and unoriginal, and the match-making dull - too many former stars getting wheeled out to up the PPV figures.

The only character i've liked when i've watched the odd episode was CM Punk. He struck me as a real throwback, an oldschool heel who was good on the mic and could work the crowd, quite a traditional grappler as well. The rest, well, a bit meh. Perhaps i'm just too old.

SiWatts90 said:
Anyone signed up to WWE Network? Been watching old WCW ppvs all day!

are you in the US? if not, how did you register to a US Billing address?<br /><br />-- Mar 1st, '14, 20:55 --<br /><br />
norfstander said:
I was a big wrestling fan as a kid, and still regularly watched until about a decade ago, around the end of the Attitude Era. Would anybody be able to give me a very breif rundown of what's happening now?

Whenever i've tried to delve back into it in recent years i've been very disappointed. Technically it's probably improved, so my guess would be that if you're a traditionalist you'd still quite enjoy it, but there seem to be very few great characters nowadays, which is what drew me to it more than technique. They have far too many PPVs and the episodes of Raw and Smackdown look to exclusively to build up storylines for said PPVs. The storylines, to the half-interested eye, look boring and unoriginal, and the match-making dull - too many former stars getting wheeled out to up the PPV figures.

The only character i've liked when i've watched the odd episode was CM Punk. He struck me as a real throwback, an oldschool heel who was good on the mic and could work the crowd, quite a traditional grappler as well. The rest, well, a bit meh. Perhaps i'm just too old.

no, it's not even that technical either, nothing much to get excited about apart from the recent Shield/Wyatt Family stuff.

If you haven't grown up on this era you'd really struggle to like it imo.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
SiWatts90 said:
Anyone signed up to WWE Network? Been watching old WCW ppvs all day!

are you in the US? if not, how did you register to a US Billing address?

-- Mar 1st, '14, 20:55 --

norfstander said:

no, it's not even that technical either, nothing much to get excited about apart from the recent Shield/Wyatt Family stuff.

If you haven't grown up on this era you'd really struggle to like it imo.

Just found an address for Walmart in Phoenixville and used that on the sign up page, used credit card and it worked fine even though my address is obviously a UK one. Just need a VPS account then and your set (for about £10 a month all in) not bad with the live ppvs etc, quality is fine playing through ipad onto 40" tv.

Seems to be more episodes getting added all the time but i'm holding out for all the atitude era to be uploaded then I can lose myself for a few weeks lol

pudge said:
So Punk is expected to be back tonight, what an odd work
Came here to say similar, can only imagine what the crowd are gonna be like in Chicago this week! Can't imagine pipe bomb 2 (though that'd be brilliant), turn up, few words, make a mania match, that's it. If he shows... Find out in half an hour...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.