Germany

laserblue said:
acquiesce said:
If you're up for cathedral's, check out Koln, about a two hour train ride from Munich. Known as the cathedral city. Koln Cathedral is beyond spectacular and then the rest of the city is riddled with them. Nice town with a good bit of shopping for the missus. The only place you can get authentic Kolsch beer straight from the source. Great country, enjoy.

Cologne is a 4 hour 30 minutes train ride from Munich even with the direct train. Salzburg is only 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours. Dachau is a very sobering but worthwhile experience not far from Munich. I agree with the posters who have recommended Rothernburg ob der Tauber.

You are of course right, I was thinking Frankfurt for some reason.

Something goes really wrong on here...you are supposed to hate on us and not turn this into a Germany love in ffs! ;)

Glad people have a positive view from the country and the people, even though I dont share this impression.

Its pretty fun as I could say a lot of positive things about England/Uk as well, while the majority of you seem to be pretty miserable about your own country and the people (which I cant understand).

Most likely a typical case of the grass always beeing greener on the other side, right? :)

laserblue said:
Tbilisi said:
One of the things I learned out there was that C**t translates in German to the word art.

The German for art is Kunst. Close but no cigar. The German for c**t is Fotze. Arschloch is a popular insult and closer to the English equivalent. .

Should have said pronounced c**t,obviously different spelling so no cigar,bit harsh.

I feel a bit of an Arschloch now.

Bembeltown said:
Something goes really wrong on here...you are supposed to hate on us and not turn this into a Germany love in ffs! ;)

Glad people have a positive view from the country and the people, even though I dont share this impression.

Its pretty fun as I could say a lot of positive things about England/Uk as well, while the majority of you seem to be pretty miserable about your own country and the people (which I cant understand).

Most likely a typical case of the grass always beeing greener on the other side, right? :)

Not really mate, Germany is brilliant and the beer is proper beer, love the place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.