Germany

FromPollockToSilva said:
Prague is close and a wonderful city. Also incredibly cheap compared to Munich. I second the recommendation for Bamberg too; it's a beautiful little medieval city with some cracking pubs. .

yes, i think they have the highest number of pub breweries in one town in germany

Ruhr said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
Prague is close and a wonderful city. Also incredibly cheap compared to Munich. I second the recommendation for Bamberg too; it's a beautiful little medieval city with some cracking pubs. .

yes, i think they have the highest number of pub breweries in one town in germany

I think I'm looking at a 6 hour train ride to Prague. I booked flights today, just have to figure out where to stay now. All I know is City on Wed. and Oktoberfest on Sat.

aguero93:20 said:
Barcon said:
Going to book a holiday this weekend. We'll be staying in Munich for five nights and then looking to do something else.
Is there much else to see and do in that area (I'll be flying back out of Munich), or should I head over to Prague or Vienna by train?
I have never been over to that area and really know very little about it at all. Any advise would be appreciated.
P.s, Mrs. B loves old buildings, castles etc. Thanks.
There's a cracking Disney style medieval castle in the black forest near Munich, well worth seeing. Whole country is full of fuedal and Gothic architecture though so she'll be spoiled for choice.
The castle's called Neuschwanstein.

Visited Rothenberg on a trip to southern Germany a decade or so ago. Very Hansel and Gretel.
[bigimg]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-K47QpyDJ8zY/UOGQxp0SurI/AAAAAAAADyA/inXKa1-2JuM/s640/r.jpg[/bigimg]

dawlish dave said:
west didsblue said:
Don't mention the war.

How old are you.

Give over...I thought it was funny.....just a reference to Fawlty Towers....sure Germans on here take it in good spirit.

Freiburg is nice,great local brew Ganter I think...has water running down the streets to keep it clean.

I have travelled quite a bit and have never met more polite and genuine people than the Germans.

Ps Volker Fink saw my Rosler City shirt on the day of a game at Frieburg and gave us 2 free tickets.

Electric Blue said:
Frankfurt is a great place- the old town Sachunhausen or however u spell it is bang on

Its called Sachsenhausen! :)

Local drinking district, but imho not worth it to travel up to Frankfurt from Munich just to get pissed. ;)

No worries about the Fawlty Towers comments...its all banter and part of the fun posting here.

If the locals don't understand your english, just make sure to speak louder. Increasing volume somehow makes us magically all understand English at certain volume levels. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.