Germany

Bembeltown said:
If you want to sort of "ground" yourself I would advise to visit Concentration Camp Dachau which is close to Munich.
I warn you though it's disturbing, at least it was for me, I couldn't eat or sleep for the rest of that day and the next after visiting.

Bembeltown said:
Electric Blue said:
Frankfurt is a great place- the old town Sachunhausen or however u spell it is bang on

Its called Sachsenhausen! :)

Local drinking district, but imho not worth it to travel up to Frankfurt from Munich just to get pissed. ;)

No worries about the Fawlty Towers comments...its all banter and part of the fun posting here.

If the locals don't understand your english, just make sure to speak louder. Increasing volume somehow makes us magically all understand English at certain volume levels. ;)
And don't forget to do the funny walk. The Germans love it.

aguero93:20 said:
Bembeltown said:
If you want to sort of "ground" yourself I would advise to visit Concentration Camp Dachau which is close to Munich.
I warn you though it's disturbing, at least it was for me, I couldn't eat or sleep for the rest of that day and the next after visiting.

Yep, visiting places like this could easily ruin the day.

Doesn´t mean that they are not worth going to. Bur if you think about visiting a "Disney castle" or a fun park afterwards, i would think of it as a plan that has gone terribly wrong.

Ruhr said:
aguero93:20 said:
Bembeltown said:

Yep, visiting places like this could easily ruin the day.

Doesn´t mean that they are not worth going to. Bur if you think about visiting a "Disney castle" or a fun park afterwards, i would think of it as a plan that has gone terribly wrong.

The wife wants to go, not really something I want to see to be honest.
On another note, now that I have booked flights, I can't seem to find anywhere to stay.

Barcon said:
Ruhr said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
Prague is close and a wonderful city. Also incredibly cheap compared to Munich. I second the recommendation for Bamberg too; it's a beautiful little medieval city with some cracking pubs. .

yes, i think they have the highest number of pub breweries in one town in germany

I think I'm looking at a 6 hour train ride to Prague. I booked flights today, just have to figure out where to stay now. All I know is City on Wed. and Oktoberfest on Sat.

Deutsche Bahn coach is the best bet to Prague from Munich, should take about 4 hours 40 minutes roughly. Not the quickest, certainly, but comfortable and not too expensive. I certainly wouldn't advise going for the day though; Prague was a suggestion for if you were thinking of staying in a second city.

Nuremberg/Bamberg would make for a decent day out. Franconia is lovely (and full of great beer).

FromPollockToSilva said:
Barcon said:
Ruhr said:
yes, i think they have the highest number of pub breweries in one town in germany

I think I'm looking at a 6 hour train ride to Prague. I booked flights today, just have to figure out where to stay now. All I know is City on Wed. and Oktoberfest on Sat.

Deutsche Bahn coach is the best bet to Prague from Munich, should take about 4 hours 40 minutes roughly. Not the quickest, certainly, but comfortable and not too expensive. I certainly wouldn't advise going for the day though; Prague was a suggestion for if you were thinking of staying in a second city.

Nuremberg/Bamberg would make for a decent day out. Franconia is lovely (and full of great beer).

Cheers mate. I would go for two or three nights if I go (I think I will, I'll take the bus). The long trip put me off but what the fuck, I might not get another chance to go.

Barcon said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
Barcon said:

Cheers mate. I would go for two or three nights if I go (I think I will, I'll take the bus). The long trip put me off but what the fuck, I might not get another chance to go.

No worries, if you want any advice on places to stay/visit/eat etc feel free to hit me via PM.

FromPollockToSilva said:
Barcon said:
FromPollockToSilva said:

No worries, if you want any advice on places to stay/visit/eat etc feel free to hit me via PM.

Cheers mate, I will do that once I get sorted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.