Germany

Ruhr said:
Are these towns, everyone make jokes about their inhabitants?

No, i don´t think so. Till the late 80s the east frisians, people living at the german coast, were victims of this kind of jokes, but they went out of fashion. It´s just with rival cities, Cologners make jokes about the people from Düsseldorf, Frankfurters about the people from Offenbach and so on.

I seem to remember that after the DDR collapsed all the jokes were directed at the "Ossi's" is that correct? One joke I heard was how do you double the value of a Trabant? Put a Deutschmark in it.

yes, i think, that was why the east frisian jokes disappeared. The underdeveloped east german economy gave a lot to joke about.

FromPollockToSilva said:
Barcon said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
Deutsche Bahn coach is the best bet to Prague from Munich, should take about 4 hours 40 minutes roughly. Not the quickest, certainly, but comfortable and not too expensive. I certainly wouldn't advise going for the day though; Prague was a suggestion for if you were thinking of staying in a second city.

Nuremberg/Bamberg would make for a decent day out. Franconia is lovely (and full of great beer).

Cheers mate. I would go for two or three nights if I go (I think I will, I'll take the bus). The long trip put me off but what the fuck, I might not get another chance to go.

No worries, if you want any advice on places to stay/visit/eat etc feel free to hit me via PM.

I'm definitely going to make the trip to Prague. I'm thinking three nights, Fri, Sat, Sun. Do you think that is enough? One night to many?

Barcon said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
Barcon said:
Cheers mate. I would go for two or three nights if I go (I think I will, I'll take the bus). The long trip put me off but what the fuck, I might not get another chance to go.

No worries, if you want any advice on places to stay/visit/eat etc feel free to hit me via PM.

I'm definitely going to make the trip to Prague. I'm thinking three nights, Fri, Sat, Sun. Do you think that is enough? One night to many?

Depends how pushed for time you are. 2 days in Prague would be enough to see all the main sights. Its a small city really and you can get around it all in 2 days easily. Friday and Saturday nights are great as well in Prague but Sundays pretty quiet. If your not pushed for time though 3 nights would be great. Its a fantastic city and as its pretty small its great to just walk around of the beaten track where you find some great little bars and restaurents.

willipp said:
Barcon said:
FromPollockToSilva said:

Depends how pushed for time you are. 2 days in Prague would be enough to see all the main sights. Its a small city really and you can get around it all in 2 days easily. Friday and Saturday nights are great as well in Prague but Sundays pretty quiet. If your not pushed for time though 3 nights would be great. Its a fantastic city and as its pretty small its great to just walk around of the beaten track where you find some great little bars and restaurents.

Cheers, three nights it is then. I'm thinking Old town square as a place to stay.

Barcon said:
willipp said:
Barcon said:

Cheers, three nights it is then. I'm thinking Old town square as a place to stay.
Had a few nights there when i was 19 drove over loved it, Ambesitor hotel on the central square, good king what,s his name, i'm fucked it im going to spell it

andyhinch said:
Barcon said:
willipp said:

Had a few nights there when i was 19 drove over loved it, Ambesitor hotel on the central square, good king what,s his name, i'm fucked it im going to spell it

Wellbeck.

Barcon said:
andyhinch said:
Barcon said:

Wellbeck.
It's spelt wellshite you c***

Barcon said:
willipp said:
Barcon said:

Yes anywhere in the area around the old town square or wensclesas square (god knows how its spelt) and you are pretty much in the middle of it all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.