Gerry Marsden

normskih

Words Written by Oscar Hammerstein. Tune by Rogers. From their 1945 Musical 'Carousel'.
A wonderful musical and the song when the song starts there's not a dry eye in my household. Very moving scene.

Revolver

“Don’t let the sun catch you crying “is a decent tune. In the many books I’ve read on the Beatles I never read a bad word about him. His music gave a lot of people pleasure. RIP.

lefty goldblatt

...another small piece of childhood gone

Matt (Corbett) and Gerry Ltd, was on of a dinner time (ITV, along with Pipkins and Rainbow)

yeseye

EARLY CROSS, CHANCE AT THE FAR POST,HINCHCLIFFE
RIP.
I used to love the song and it was often sang on the Kippax.
I used to work with a old Irish Utd fan who said they used to sing the original at OT after the Munich Air Disaster before Lpool adopted it as their own, not sure how true but he wasn’t a bull shitter!

nimrod

Didn't he also have a bit song named - I like it?
We used to tease the girls in school, that it was their favourite song!!
Yes he did, that song written by Mitch Murray was offered to The Beatles by George Martin as their first single but they refused it even though it was a guaranteed hit song, they wanted to record the own song instead.
Gerry did have a hit with it later.

RIP Gerry, a true gent.

ChicagoBlue

RIP.
I used to love the song and it was often sang on the Kippax.
Me, too!

Misty night game under the lights, me trying to stay warm in the upper reaches of the Platt Lane End. Still can’t remember if it was the cold that gave me the goosebumps, or the song!

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.