Get Pressed We Panic/Can't Cope With The Battling/Top Teams

Freestyler

EVERY team what pressed us has always won the game or at least got a draw.

We panic, we flap, we have players in different postcodes and everyone is all over the fucking place. Our side is not drilled in any single way at all. Whenever we face a team who can compete/match us/press/pass the ball with pace, we look like 10 year old's chasing a ball.

Mancini can't set us up, he can't tactically change a game against a team who's on par with us. Amazing manager when it comes to beating Wigan, Villa, Fulham and Reading (infact we struggled)

Same old bullshit of how we'll 'fix it, we'll improve, go on the training ground and sort it'.

Bollocks, any team who'll have a pop at us we like rabbits in the headlights at times, no sort of plan, no awareness, lack of urgency, no one around them knows what to do.

I watched Dortmund, a team built on players who were made to play football together. Sold Kagawa and were left with names some people have never heard of. Klopp MADE them a football team of players who aren't the most skilful you'll ever see. But they knew how to play the game, organised, pass and move. EVERY single player knew what to do, they were a drilled football side.

You can look at players, and like today you can blame some here and there. But when you play a side and a team which doesn't always have the balance and play to your players abilities, you have to look at management. I think that the players look lost. signs from the players at times is they just don't understand and fail to know what the manager wants's them to do.

The foundations are set, the squad is there. Our side is now missing a proper tactical, inside out knowledgeable world class football manager who can take the team to the level it should be at.

Can you seriously remember the last time we beat a team who matched us or played the football we once did? struggling lads, really struggling.

Re: When We Get Pressed We Panic/Can't Cope With The Top Teams

or the bottom ones.

Dortmund lost 4-1 at home today... But still, I think the problem is unfortunately Mancini. Simeone would be a good shout. Can't see us getting Klopp and Mourinho is not a good long term option.

not just the top teams
bottom half also.

quiet_riot said:
NoahCity said:
Dortmund lost 4-1 at home today...

With 10 men for most of it.

And some ill with flu.

But the OP is completely right, I'd like to hear a counter argument against it because I don't think there is one. There are repeated examples of us having absolutely no idea how to play against high pressing teams. Swansea even did it to us last season at their place and won. Southampton this season. Ajax, Dortmund, Madrid. I noticed Barry, one of our most consistent players, is a liability in such games as he is too slow with the ball and makes mistakes (two today). Mancini's aversion for pacy players means anyone who can play against us like this hits the jackpot and gets 1pt at least.

Freestyler said:
jimharri said:
Chippy_boy said:
or the bottom ones.
Beat me to it. Since when were Southampton, or Sunderland, or West Ham, or Stoke top teams?

Teams who have real fight in them, and we just bottle it.
That's not what the thread title implies, to be honest. It suggests that Mancini only struggles against so called ''top teams''. Not true.

Because we have no legs in the middle of the park!!!

Zabba and Milner should be our centre mid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.