Getting a beer...

anyoldblu

...or a pie, or drink.

Another season, another piss poor set of lethargic servers and organisation in the stadium bars and food concessions. Having experienced many Cricket Ground bars this summer, I know that service can be faster with a little organisation, and desire. Better serving speed = more sales = more cash.

Pre-poor pints before half time, have a single queue, get one team on fulfilling orders, another taking the cash. It can be done, it just appears that no-one seems to be bothered.

The beer is pish and overpriced - we know that and will put up with it for 90 minutes, if only we could get our hands on it and down our throats!

My mate went the bar he said it took ages cos they had chip and pin machines. Why not contact less only? Or maybe a queen for fosters only contact less only? For those of us who just want a quick beer then to watch the footy

Very hard work using the vouchers, we were one of the first at Summerbee's bar to be met with staff who had no idea what they were, who after talking with team leader (who either hadn't briefed them or hadnt been told herself) still tried to charge me £4. the highlight was when she asked me if it was supposed to look like that as it settled. while there half the tills that didn't work either and toilets that were a disgrace.

In the ground 5 mins after the gates opened, again you think I was passing the black spot from Treasure Island trying to use a pie/pint voucher. Took 5 mins from front of queue for a pint that was 9/10ths full when poured bring topped up and a pie that was red hot but stone cold in the middle. Same issues needing a team leader and staff who again asked for the full price.

Toilets inside hadn't been cleaned had a piss and the piss stones were blocked by fag ends.

Anyway we won, I'll experience the toilets and the odd pint during the season but no further voucher hassle or pie issues at those prices.

Moan,moan,moan......

SS3 had that many queing at half time it was actually a safety risk as nobody could move anywhere.

You would think the bars up there would be the best in the league as they could have learnt from the best of everywhere. It's was unbelievably slow yesterday.

Reasons

The vouchers clearly confused some of them.
They ran out of pies before kick off
They had no forks on game one.
They had no one just pouring drinks but all of them crowding around tills
They don't anticipate that people might want a drink at half time so don't have any ready.
They employ the biggest idiots known to man who can't seem to understand how to read a number on a till and turn that into change.
Too many people don't have cash.

It's shambolic to be honest and as SS3 seems to have the largest concentration of pissheads in the whole ground, makes it worse.

The odd thing is that there were pints pre poured but the bar staff didn't use them. The only time I saw someone go near them was when I'd ordered with the cash guy and the one pouring took 'my pint' away.

Half time was even better. They didn't have black coffee but according to the server the white coffee only had a little milk in so I should have one of them.

My mare ordered two bottles at peak time before half time then had to wait a couple of minutes whilst they all looked for a bottle opener! If he'd had known that's what they were looking for he would have opened them himself

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.