Getting drunk/drinking

Barcon said:
dronefromsector7g said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/452307780628525056/BisHSISN.jpeg[/bigimg]
No, just imagine a redder version of Elano
Fuck the pair of you. I don't look like Ralph or lahey.
Barry manilo aparently
Shut it hoser

Ouch!

Ps go Canucks

Used to be able to drink loads in my twenties/thirties, funnily enough, coinciding with my time in the RAF. Bar every evening before dinner, then usually carry on afterwards. Was probably not sober for one day of a 3-week detachment to somewhere hot. Now, I only drink at the weekends (if at all), and even that's probably now no more than either half a bottle of vino or three pints. Sorry if people expect more reckless abandon at meet-ups, but I'd rather that my liver survive a bit longer, thanks!

Genuinely don't enjoy nor understand getting hammered and not sure I ever have. More than happy to have a couple to get a little merry but have always known when to slow down and back off (Part of the bit I don't understand, it's blindingly obvious to me when I need to stop drinking so for someone to never notice and carry on until they're legless is an alien thought). I also don't feel I need it as an escape which seems a common trend for many people.

Heavy drinking however (of others) has been responsible for almost all of the truly horrible things that have happened in my life, so to say I'm not really a fan is putting it lightly.

adrianr said:
Genuinely don't enjoy nor understand getting hammered and not sure I ever have. More than happy to have a couple to get a little merry but have always known when to slow down and back off (Part of the bit I don't understand, it's blindingly obvious to me when I need to stop drinking so for someone to never notice and carry on until they're legless is an alien thought). I also don't feel I need it as an escape which seems a common trend for many people.

Heavy drinking however (of others) has been responsible for almost all of the truly horrible things that have happened in my life, so to say I'm not really a fan is putting it lightly.

+1

Grew up in a bar. Ugly, ugly, ugly and turned me off drinking. Will have a drink to be sociable, but only ever been drunk once in my life. Peer pressure of being an 18 yr old around a few older guys, passed out, woke up hours later, threw up, felt like death all next day, swore never again.

I realize that's not for everyone, but I have better things to do with my time, money, energy, life than wasting it staring at the bottom of a bottle. Don't understand people who do it. Don't care to. Just don't interfere with my life and we will get along fine. If you do, we won't. Have very low tolerance for it. Thankfully, so does the missus.

Re the above posts - I should maybe take a leaf out of your books!!

Slightly veering off topic though, I do enjoy a drink and don't always know when to stop but if I have to drive I won't even have one . Don't agree with all this oh I'll be ok I'm just having 2 pints shit or the one glass of wine. If you have to drive it's NONE

I hate the feeling of being hung over, and drunk for that matter. Don't get me wrong I will have the odd beer if the football is on, a mate comes round etc, but the last time I was drunk was October 19th last year for my sisters 21st. Christmas I will have a few beers and wine etc, but I don't get drunk. I honestly don't understand why people like to get absolutely wankered? I hate the feeling of being drunk, wanting to be sick, stomach churning and all this in a public place - not for me.

<a class="postlink" href="http://instagram.com/p/nTWTN9G8bS/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://instagram.com/p/nTWTN9G8bS/</a>

this was posted else where, said he was drinking at 9am on sunday b4 game at palace, does anyone know him or has he got home yet

I'm the opposite to the above few posters. I love getting smashed.

Me birthday this week and one of my best mates forever is the day after so for decades we have ended up laughing and getting plastered on the nearest weekend. Classic times. Had the phone call and we are going out this Saturday...... everybody else's turn to get the rounds in.

Mods I will not post if proper pissed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.