Getting drunk/drinking

BoyBlue_1985

Im not sure if this would count as a drinking problem because I probably drink about once a week now but I cannot just have one drink, I fail to see the point so when I drink I get absolutely smashed be that at home or out, less when out as it costs too much
I actually enjoy the taste of alcohol and love craft beers so I do think it a bit strange
Does anyone else have this mindset?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Im not sure if this would count as a drinking problem because I probably drink about once a week now but I cannot just have one drink, I fail to see the point so when I drink I get absolutely smashed be that at home or out, less when out as it costs too much
I actually enjoy the taste of alcohol and love craft beers so I do think it a bit strange
Does anyone else have this mindset?
Yes:)

I actually look at it from the other viewpoint. I can't see the point in drinking until you get wasted. Not a popular opinion, I know. Two or three points will do me any time I'm out. Each to their own though.

I tend to drink too much when I do go out, I usually have mon, tues and wed alcohol free. Like you I could never go out and just have 1 or 2 absolutely no point

I set out with the best of intentions, but can't stop myself once in the mood. It's something I've not managed to shake off since being about 14. I hardly ever drink and am currently in the not bothering drinking again stage as I hate wasting a weekend feeling like shit and playing hangover paranoia, but for that few hours it's great isn't it. I'll definitely have to grow up or stop drinking.

I used to be like that up until a couple of years ago when it had to stop, enjoy it while you can do it and stay sane/while it's not damaging other things, but don't get too attached to it. Think the last 2 times I got that drunk were Munich away and the COC win.

First 4 years of drinking I would misjudge and get too drunk on nights out, then that got better when I travelled as I knew that I had to stay more in control. I hate getting smashed much prefer tipsy, and I'm on medication that doesn't sit well with drinking for me personally, so I have no more than 3 pints in one go. I drink at least 4 days of the week, mostly at home or whilst out shopping/walking on days off. I am into real ales and drink for the taste as well as to get merry.

aguero93:20 said:
I used to be like that up until a couple of years ago when it had to stop, enjoy it while you can do it and stay sane/while it's not damaging other things, but don't get too attached to it. Think the last 2 times I got that drunk were Munich away and the COC win.
Like I say mate, its once a week maximum. Over the last month probably twice but both times I have got utterly ruined. I enjoy it too much is my thing. 1 beer/glass of wine just seems pointless, I will stick to water if im not drinking alcohol. My drinking doesn't damage my life in anyway these days, it probably was the destruction of my relationships in early 20's but I doubt im not the only young male to say that hahaha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.