Getting out

kev20971

Team supported
MCFC/MCWFC/EDS/U18
Coming out last night from the South stand and noticed that all the gate where shut in the fence behind the stand bar one, forcing everybody out of the end gate to get on to Ashton New Rd. What is the point of it , not sure how many Fulham fans came down last night , but I would of thought this was a high risk match, so what was the point ?
I do get the feeling that the guy that runs the security at City just likes doing things like thos to piss fans off .

Coming out last night from the South stand and noticed that all the gate where shut in the fence behind the stand bar one, forcing everybody out of the end gate to get on to Ashton New Rd. What is the point of it , not sure how many Fulham fans came down last night , but I would of thought this was a high risk match, so what was the point ?
I do get the feeling that the guy that runs the security at City just likes doing things like thos to piss fans off .
Absolutely annoys me that. Used to challenge Peter Fletcher over it at Points of Blue and he said that away fans like the 'sterile zone' that gets them straight onto the coach park. But how many other grounds have anything like it? West Brom is the only one I can think of, where you come out a separate exit and down that path, which is a pain in the arse as it's on the wrong side of the ground from where most park.

It is the same every game now.

Don't know about the gate as I turn & walk towards the superstore but getting out of 115 rather than 315 was a pleasure, with lighter traffic when I got to my car up past the Fire Station I was home a good 20 mins quicker.

I was moved last night from level 3 to level 1, I came from the seats across the bar area and headed for a door that everyone was using, as i got to it a steward was trying to shut it and he told me I had to go further over as it was better for me !! I ignored him and with everyone else I walked through the door and straight outside. Do they go on a course to be deliberately obstructive ?

No, last night was worse, had to walk to the main perimeter gates before doubling back, and therefore has nothing to do with a 'sterile zone' onto the away coach park.
My lad asked two coppers why all them gates where shut , which one reply "not nothing to do with us, it's City's security that's done it" . Like I said , sometimes I think the guy at runs the security just does things like this to piss the fans off, because it did nothing apart from cause irritation for fans going home.

Absolutely annoys me that. Used to challenge Peter Fletcher over it at Points of Blue and he said that away fans like the 'sterile zone' that gets them straight onto the coach park. But how many other grounds have anything like it? West Brom is the only one I can think of, where you come out a separate exit and down that path, which is a pain in the arse as it's on the wrong side of the ground from where most park.
That’s the only other one I can think of too, The Hawthorns.

At every other ground in the country, you leave the stadium and immediately mingle with the home fans. What do they think goes on at Wembley? 30000 of both sets of fans are just free to roam amongst each other.

If you stand in 110-105 you either have to walk all the way around the stadium or have to walk all the way up to the bottom of the bridge on ANRd to get back to Town.

It doesn’t make any sense at all. And is very unfair on people who aren’t very mobile or when it’s pissing down and freezing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.