getting rid of a double bed mattress and the base

r.soleofsalford

Emptying my mother flat in retirement appartments which is sold and will be signed over on 19th February. Emptied it all, everything from clothes to furniture I`ve got shut off. Only thing left is this double bed with a lightly soiled mattress which Emmaus the charity for the homeless wont take.

Tried Mustard Tree but the earliest pick up is 21st Feb. So its too late

The council charge £40 but after payment you have to leave the bed outside for picking up which could take 10 days. The management of the flats wont allow this.

I dont know any one with a van.

Any other ideas that would`nt result in me hunting you down and cutting your bollocks off with a blunt knife would be appreciated.

Thanks Pete

Rent a van for a few hours?

I did this the other day and it was like £50 for 2 hours, I was back within 15 mins and didn't need to fuel up.

Had the same issue when my mum passed, ended up cutting the bed up and taking to the tip in a couple of trips.

Do what they do on the Racecourse Estate in Sale, and leave it at the end of someone else's road.

Kate_Middleton_wearing_mattress_dress.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.