Getting to exited?!

CTID

Just been chatting over the liverpool with a mate an he's telling me not to get to exited after
that game, that it was only one game, which is a fair point and as we all know this is City an a loss to west ham is still possible, but then i said to him, to be fair, when was the last time u saw a club of our current league position not only play well and derserve to get more out of the game. But boss a team 2nd in the league when there playing well! this wasnt a scrappy one nill win or a breakaway goal. We outplayed them across the pitch in the second half! This was simply just us being better than 2nd. For this reason i think we have every hope of finishing well an if MH is still here, having a great saeon next year and pushing on.

CTID

Fair point mate....yeh we dnt want to get to over excited but hopefully it is a turning point for us.

wht else you've got to look at is that this draw has installed confidence in our team which is what they have needed in a long time so they come out an play with a real flair about them..

good post mate.

Fair point OP, however a bit worreid about not having Nige De Strong for UEFA. I suppose tho he is the sort of player that will up a lot of cards so we need to be able to play without him.

He's right in a way ....... City have let us down all too often in the past to argue otherwise.

Sure liverpool had important players missing on the day .... but they can hardly use that as an excuse because so did we!

A point at Anfield provided a solid foundation , and one which we must build on ......... the next five league games will give us a better idea of whether our consistency has improved any , if at all!

All too often we've done it as a 'one-off' , then floundered in the very next game ....... we need to carry it on now against first Copenhagen , then Villa ..... and beyond that ...... because only consistency (and hopefully a trophy or two) will make people like Liverpool fans recognize that we've 'arrived'.

We now need to stand up and be counted , all our players played well at Anfield ....... we need to carry it on ....... all the players have that responsibility.

It was a good second half but that was about it. Lets be honest the first half we should've been out of sight and I was shocked at how bad our defending was mainly because we played too deep and allowed liverpool to attack us in droves. That second half performance is something we can take into the next game but I'm not getting over optimistic just because we took a point against a weakened Liverpool.We've risen and fallen too many times for that to happen. Ask me when weve put a string of good performances together and I might, just might say we're going places.

we are on a one match unbeaten run now ( prem )....well we gotta start somewhere.

People talk about City having to learn to be consistent, I would argue away from home, we have been the model of consistency this season, 7 loses and 5 draws out of 13 games tells you all you need to know about the club away from Eastlands. I hope we can build on the result over the weekend and not fall back to the Portsmouth/Stoke type performances, but if I was a betting man my money would be on the later over the former.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.