Ghost imaging

blueduff

IT techy question - Does anyone know the benefits of ghost over using built in Windows image creation or other image software, if any? Someone in my work commented that one of our images must have been old because it was a ghost image...I didn't quite get why though.

blueduff said:
IT techy question - Does anyone know the benefits of ghost over using built in Windows image creation or other image software, if any? Someone in my work commented that one of our images must have been old because it was a ghost image...I didn't quite get why though.

Was he referring to the ghost image software? "As in bloody hell the had a Norton Ghost 2000 disk image"

As for the differences, not a clue mate, if you ghost a system you copy all, nasties included so i just re install.

blueduff said:

Could have been because since Windows 7 (it could be older) ConfigMgr, MDT and Imagex negate the need to use Ghost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.