Gillet to cash in on Asset

Holcombe bloo

taken off bbc website:

Liverpool co-owner George Gillett is to sell one of his major US assets in a deal which could ease financial pressures at the Premier League club.

He is selling his stake in the NHL's Montreal Canadiens in a deal reported to be worth at least $550m (£332.9m).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Potentially I think this may increase their transfer budget and make them more difficult to catch. Hopefully tho I dont think it'll affect the Tevez deal.

this was on talkshite this morning, means they will be able to re structure their loans, although wont nesessarily get done in time for this window!
also may want to play it safe after this fiasco!!

sam221985 said:
Hopefully he fails to find a buyer or something.

Rags aside, no club so richly deserves faliure as does Liverpool FC.

couldnt agree more! hate those bindipping red scouse cnuts! few teams feel they deserve success more than those tw4ts do, like its some divine right.

Thought Montreal was in Canada?

I think the money he makes on this deal will just be to pay the £350mil loan from the banks which has to be paid by the end of July. Somewhere else says that he is also trying to sell his stake in Liverpool.

It'll be a little while though before his selling of montreal has any affect on the transfer policy, that club is leaking money at the moment.

If Gillett sells the 'Habs' and Hicks sells the Texas Rangers (purchased from one George W Bush) or the Dallas Stars - they will only have enough money to clear the debts and start work on the new stadium - so they will hardly be in a position to challenge us in the cash stakes. Liverpool are in a bad way they have been spending money they didn't have for the last 10 years. Hicks and Gillet both have debts all over the place and selling assets to prop up Liverpool probably reduces the possibility of someone else with real wealth moving in as the present owners consolidate their position and financial committment.

It makes no difference what he does, they will not be in a position to spend huge amounts it will just go to cover debts.

Nobody and i mean nobody is in a position to challange us financially and this will only change if and more likely, when another club is taken over by a group with a similar wealth to ours.

We shouldnt worry about others but i think that it is imperative that we use the time we have now, when we cant be challanged to get our noses in front asap because one day we will not enjoy the position we currently have.

IMO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.