Gillingham v Manchester City 1999

BlueMooney

Dd-8bRxWAAAwLQC.jpg

The end of this season is 20 years since City won at Wembley against Gillingham. For the 15th Anniversary, I wrote this - Looks Like Scunny Next Season - after interviewing all of the team and the manager from that day.

It's still available from my website for £10 (plus P&P), which is cheaper than you'll find it new anywhere else: https://davemooney.co.uk/books/looks-like-scunny-next-season/

It also looks like it's still not going to be in the Official Store for the anniversary, unfortunately.

There's also going to be a special Blue Moon Podcast documentary for the 20th anniversary next May. :-)

Last edited:
this looks fab. I'll be buying a copy.

Also posted it on Linked In MCFC supporters group.

God is it 15 years - only feels like yesterday. That year in the third division has many happy memories. We were the freak show everywhere we went - the whole town at places like Colchester came out to see City. Helped me get up to 70 odd out of the 92 that season. Always liked David Chidlow's book of that great day. I'll defo buy this one.

The similarities to the Gillingham game and the QPR one are quite spooky.Both huge days when we didn't really perform and almost blew what on paper looked easy tasks.

After that game i never thought i would go through anything like that again,then came QPR!

the day that the great god of football finally (eventually) decided we'd suffered enough

what a day it was

trafalgar square shove your fucking treble up your arse lol

put me down for a copy too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.