Giro D'Italia 2018

bluethrunthru

Froome wins and now holds all 3 grand tour titles.

In typical Italian fashion the roads were shocking in Rome and the competitors insisted the stage was neutralised so only the sprinters will compete at the end.

Its always struck me how on other tours they go around in front of the race resurfacing roads in the run up and you clearly see billiard table like surfaces yet Italy just kind of doesn't give one and they race on whatever. Yesterday they were going up what looked like dirt tracks on the side of the mountains and I think it was last year one rider hit a bollard in the street which had no warnings about it presence.

How do they get away with it?

In typical Italian fashion the roads were shocking in Rome and the competitors insisted the stage was neutralised so only the sprinters will compete at the end.

Its always struck me how on other tours they go around in front of the race resurfacing roads in the run up and you clearly see billiard table like surfaces yet Italy just kind of doesn't give one and they race on whatever. Yesterday they were going up what looked like dirt tracks on the side of the mountains and I think it was last year one rider hit a bollard in the street which had no warnings about it presence.

It's one of my favourite countries, but can be as frustrating as fuck, just the way they are, I find it best to just embrace it.

It's one of my favourite countries, but can be as frustrating as fuck, just the way they are, I find it best to just embrace it.

Just makes me laugh when you see the new tarmac patches in France and the brand new roads in Spain ( probably EU funded lol ) and how in all the Tours like the Tour de Yorkshire even a marshall or cop rides to an obstacle and stands there waving a flag and blowing a whistle in warning...... in Italy is No !

Just makes me laugh when you see the new tarmac patches in France and the brand new roads in Spain ( probably EU funded lol ) and how in all the Tours like the Tour de Yorkshire even a marshall or cop rides to an obstacle and stands there waving a flag and blowing a whistle in warning...... in Italy is No !
I'm just looking at flights to nip over to bologna, it's a shambles of a country always has been, probably why I love it :-)

Concentrating on Froome and it is an unbelievable achievement. That ride on Friday was stunning. Losing time with the crash in the first week forced him to have to do that and it made for one of the greatest rides ever. All three grand tours at once. Remarkable.

Personally I love it when the roads get a bit tricky. Friday’s stage will take a lot of beating if you ask me. Yates blowing up & Froome attacking with 80k to go was truly awesome stuff.

Concentrating on Froome and it is an unbelievable achievement. That ride on Friday was stunning. Losing time with the crash in the first week forced him to have to do that and it made for one of the greatest rides ever. All three grand tours at once. Remarkable.

I agree but at the moment sadly tarnished by the allegations hanging over him - I expect he will be exonerated but for some the cloud will always remain - like the twat that threw piss over him in the Tour de France a couple of years ago

I think those 80k over that terrain mentally destroyed Dumoulin mentally as much as anything.

Totally disagree mate. Only Colle delle Finestre had gravel/bad terrain the rest of the stage was fine. Froome pretty much made up half the time on the descents anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.