Girona FC (partnership)

Girona are heading to Boundary Park to face us in a friendly if it's of any interest to you guys. I'd imagine there'll be a few familiar faces in terms of loanees at Girona and they'll probably appreciate the added numbers in the away end (as we would for our own coffers, obviously...)

Girona are heading to Boundary Park to face us in a friendly if it's of any interest to you guys. I'd imagine there'll be a few familiar faces in terms of loanees at Girona and they'll probably appreciate the added numbers in the away end (as we would for our own coffers, obviously...)
Do you have the date of the game please pal?

'Almost' basically means CFG won't be an official controlling entity, it [presumably] solves the problems with participating in European competitions.

I don't get the feeling anyway that City want to try and turn Girona into a La Liga powerhouse, more a place in which we can use to send promising youngsters from the academy and players coming from South America who might not necessarily be ready or available for a British work permit.

As long as we can keep the club alive and competitive in La Liga I think everyone will be satisfied.

I don't get the feeling anyway that City want to try and turn Girona into a La Liga powerhouse, more a place in which we can use to send promising youngsters from the academy and players coming from South America who might not necessarily be ready or available for a British work permit.

As long as we can keep the club alive and competitive in La Liga I think everyone will be satisfied.

Exactly, I don't think we need to bother about them playing in Europe.
Staying up will be a daunting task.

Exactly this. Under no circumstances would we want to turn them into serious contenders... because then our 7 or 8 kids wouldn't be able to get a game, defeating the point!

Exactly this. Under no circumstances would we want to turn them into serious contenders... because then our 7 or 8 kids wouldn't be able to get a game, defeating the point!

well, shouldn't the kids hopefully end up good enough to put them there anyway?

That should be the calibre. If it's a team of 7 or 8 kids they should be getting to a level where they're challenging which would show they're good enough for us.

well, shouldn't the kids hopefully end up good enough to put them there anyway?

That should be the calibre. If it's a team of 7 or 8 kids they should be getting to a level where they're challenging which would show they're good enough for us.
Girona will (hopefully) have a reserve team in Segunda in 2 years, it will allow to move players between divisions to offer them better practice. It's impossible to stay in La Liga regularly playing 7 youngsters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.