Give us Swedes a wave saturday!

GoForGlory

40 years ago a deal was struck bringing one live English first division game a week to Swedish TV. It was a huge success and our obsession with English footy was born.

Since then the PL has of course moved to expensive comercial networks, but to celebrate the 40th anniversary SVT1 (equivalent of BBC1 I suppose) is bringing back their coverage for one saturday only.

Now, the live game chosen is our game against Hull! Wohoo! :) This means that millions of more Swedes, more than has ever been able to watch City, can watch it and since it's a bit of a special occasion I reckon it will get quite a lot of viewers. So make sure to give us a wave! :)

They're showing a classic now before the live game - Rags - WBA from 1978, really fun to watch.

Apparently the Swedish supporter branch is going to be at coms today with a banner, hope they'll get a shot of that for all the Swedes at home. Otherwise you lot are just going to have to give us a wave. :)

And yeah, I'm a bloke and you wouldn't want to see me naked in a sauna. :)

Yes im watching this show as we speak... its a real football show... always watched as a youngster and they are the reason i even heard of man city... and for many swedes this show made us identify with one of the teams in England

Im happy they are able to show our game today...

What a game that was... 3-5 to West Brom... and lots of more chances... some cracking saves by the goalies...

Now they are interviewing Regis... Cunningham had a cracking game... lots of good players in Brom then...

Now looking forward to our game ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.